chapter seventeen

Spencer's POV:

Walking into the bar, I was greeted with the smell of sweat and beer. Of course this wasn't any bar, but a strip club also. I got lucky that it hadn't opened yet. 

"FBI, I'm Doctor Spencer Reid. I'm here to see Callen Hank." I held up my badge. The man that I had approached was standing behind the bar, dark hair and dark eyes. I could tell that as soon as I announced I was from the FBI, he became worried. 

"Uh sure let me holler at him. Callen!" The man yelled. A tall man walked out of the back part of the establishment. 

"How can I help you agent?" he asked, a bit cocky. 

"I was just wondering if I could ask you a few-" All of a sudden I was hit over the head with a sharp object, falling to the ground. I held on to my gun, trying to get a few shots, but my vision blurred, as my ear piece fell out of my ear. Three men huddled around me, beginning to kick me. Laying on the ground reminded me of that one time Hotch kicked me in the hospital with the LDSK. 

"Hotch, Hotch" I mumbled, realizing that if I didn't act now I wouldn't get out of here. Just then, I heard the door open, a familiar voice, then looked up between the feet being kicked at me and saw Abby. All of a sudden I felt the urge to pretty much kill these men, especially if the hurt Abby. They all looked at Abb in shock before storming over to her. I managed to grab two of the guys' ankles, pulling them down as the attempted to run away. I luckily had an extra pair of cuffs on me, so I slapped them on as fast as I could, trying to get to Abby before someone could hurt her. 

"Spence!" Abby yelled as Callen ran over to her. I tried my best to get up, but as I ran over to her, Callen pulled a knife from his belt, holding it up to Abby's neck. At this point, I stood with my gun pointed at Callen, attempting to focus on a shot. Two agents. One psychopath. No back up. Fear started to fill my mind until I heard people rush into the bar. 

----------

Abby's POV: 

"Callen, you don't want to do this." I tried to reason with him, buying Spencer time to get a shot. His head was bleeding and I could tell he was not well. 

"FBI!" I heard Morgan yell as Swat poured into the bar. A breath of relief fell over me. Even though I was being held with a knife to my neck, it definitely wasn't the most traumatizing moment after last month. 

"Callen, just put the knife down. Why are you doing this?" JJ asked, holding her gun at him. 

"I want her!" He yelled, throwing down the knife before gripping my cheek tightly. He tried to go in for a kiss, but I swerved him, launching my good knee in between his legs, sending him down. The team rushed over to grab him as Spencer ran over to me, trying not to fall down on the way over. 

"What happened to you?" I asked, pulling him into a hug. 

"It doesn't matter, you're alive." Spencer hugged me tighter. As the team took Callen and the other men into custody, I headed to the hospital with Spencer. Luckily, I wasn't hurt, but Spencer needed to at least see the doctor. 

"Abby, I'm fine I don't need to go to the hospital." Spencer said, as the ambulance pulled away from the scene. 

"Spencer, you at least need some stitches in your head."  

"Ugh." He groaned. We finally pulled into the hospital, as I followed Spencer into the hospital. He was taken into a room, and given a few stitches, nothing major just a black eye too. The team came by for a bit to check on him before heading back to the hotel. We flew back home tomorrow morning.

"Hey, how you feeling?" I asked, as Spencer sat up in the hospital bed. 

"Impatient. I'm just waiting on the doctor to come back with my papers so we can leave." Spencer complained. We got lucky and didn't have to stay the night, which meant we got to stay in a comfortable bed tonight. 

"Here are your papers. If I could just get you to sign here and here, you'll be good to go." The doctor pointed at the lines on the sheets. Spencer signed away, and couldn't possibly wait to get out of there. I understood him, I mean I hated being in the hospital considering I pretty much was there 4 times a week at least. 

"Are you hungry?" I asked, getting into the car before starting in. 

"Do you want to grab a pizza?" Spencer suggested as we sat in the car. 

"Sure. Can you map a pizza place or something?" I asked, backing up. 

"Head left out of here." Spencer instructed. After getting lost a few times, we finally made it to the pizza place. Being as boring as we are, we got a pepperoni pizza that we took back to the hotel. Once we finally got to the hotel, my knee was absolutely killing me, so I couldn't wait to get back up to the room and change. 

"What do you want to watch?" I questioned, turning on the TV. Spencer walked out of the bathroom with a wet washcloth sitting down beside me. He wiped off my makeup for me, before kissing me all over my face. 

"Ewww!" I giggled as if I was a teenage girl. 

"What?" Spencer laughed. 

"You know, you can't keep almost dying on me. It gets old." Spencer commented. 

"I know I know. I'm trying. I can't help it that all these psychos love me!" I rolled my eyes. 

"Well then call me a psycho because I love you!" Spencer laughed, kissing me. I flipped through the channels on the TV, before stopping on the baseball game. I handed Spencer a piece of pizza before I grabbed one for myself. We sat there in bed, cheering at the game, even though we were both in so much pain we managed to make each other feel better. 

Glancing over at the clock it was almost 10, so I decided to get ready for bed. Spencer did the same, throwing on his pajamas as I brushed my teeth. I joined him in bed, cuddling up beside him. 

"You know, I never really got your thoughts on my sister after we had dinner with them." I acknowledged. 

"She was super sweet. I wouldn't mind going over there more often, I realized how happy she makes you." Spencer replied. My sister was pretty much all I had left, and my role model. 

"She really likes you. You know, Mar was always so worried that I'd be alone forever until I met you."

"Well now you won't be alone. It's us forever." 

"And always." Our lips met this time instead of our pinkies. I threw my leg on top of Spencer's before burying my head in his neck. 

"Goodnight babe." Spencer whispered, kissing my forehead. 

"Goodnight loser." I smiled before closing my eyes again. I guess you could say Spencer and I made a good team. At least we put up with each other, that's pretty much all that counts.