chapter thirty-three

October 1

Spencer's POV:

Waking up, I was automatically in a fantastic mood, considering it was the first day of October. Today was hopefully going to be filled with many pranks, scares, and maybe a movie.

"Abb." I whispered, rolling over to see if she was awake yet. I glanced up at the clock reading five am.

"Huh?" Abby asked, half awake. She looked so cute when she slept.

"It's officially the beginning of spooky season!" I waved my jazz hands in the air, smiling.

"Spence, go back to sleep we don't have to be in for four more hours." Abby rested her head back down on the pillow.

"I'm going to go for a run then I'll come back and shower, get some more rest." I kissed her forehead, throwing on a shirt along with my sneakers.

I made my way downstairs, downing a water before I headed out the door for a run. I only did five miles this morning, just about 40 minutes.

"It's time to get up." I sat down next to Abby, who was still asleep, rubbing her back.

"What time is it?" she asked, slowly opening her eyes.

"Six,"

"Fine." she grabbed my hands as I pulled her up and out of bed. While she showered, I made her breakfast, while listening to some Halloween music, making me even happier.

"Goodness your singing." Abby walked down the stairs, drying her hair with a towel.

"Eat up." I placed our breakfast down on the counter, egg whites and toast, same as always.

"Thank you." Abby smiled, digging in.

Once I finished breakfast, I headed upstairs to shower and get ready for work finally.

**

"And did you know that Halloween has been around for over 2,000 years? Halloween all started as a pre-Christian Celtic festival called Samhain which means summer's end held around the first of November." I rambled on, walking into the office with Emily, JJ and Abb.

"We have a case. It's Scratch." Hotch passed by us, automatically killing the mood.

"Are you kidding me?" I slumped down.

"He's back and it's bad." Garcia followed us into the conference room.

"Scratch has struck again, this time targeting me. He has somehow managed to hack in to the database that I have been operating out of, making it look like I have sent out everyone's files. It's bad, and I have no idea how he is even doing this." Garcia rambled on, tearing up.

"We will be working from here, trying to figure this out." Hotch walked out of the room, followed by Morgan and Rossi.

"What are we going to do?" I asked. They all shrugged.

**

"Here!" Garcia yelled, clicking a million buttons on her computer. In the last three hours, we were able to identify the source of the hack and where our files were being sent. Garcia managed to track down an address, deep in the woods, where the computer was operating out of. We assumed that since the computer was pining there, that was where Scratch was.

"We're leaving in five." Hotch instructed us as we all vested up.

"I'm driving." Morgan called before I could as we headed downstairs with Abby and Emily. We all got in the SUV, I sat in the back with Abby. She soon fell asleep in my lap as we headed out, considering the drive was about 45 minutes.

"Get up, we're here." I lifted Abby off my lap, immediately waking her.

I followed Morgan and Emily, where we met up with SWAT. We knew that traps had to of been set, that's how Scratch was. There was always something.

"You are not allowed in the house until we clear it." the head of SWAT informed us.

"We know this unsub better than anyone, if you go in there, don't expect all of your men to come out." Morgan threatened. The officer waved off Morgan, walking away.

I gathered up all of the officers on the scene along with Hotch, explaining to them our game plan, to insure we all made it out alive.

"Whatever you do, never split. Do I make myself clear?" Hotch informed everyone as they all nodded their heads.

I followed Morgan into the house, guns drawn, as he kicked down the door. The house was dark, trashed, and wreaked.

"Clear!" I yelled, following Morgan into the next room. Room after room, we cleared the house.

Walking into the next room, I observed that it was large. Morgan took the left side as I turned the corner to take the right. As soon as I did so, I was knocked unconscious, soon to be dragged away.

-------

Abby's POV:

"Clear!" I yelled, keeping closely behind Emily as we made our way up the stairs.

"Nobody is in the house. It's a trap." Emily attempted to catch her breath. After we looked around upstairs, we headed back out front, meeting up with the rest of the crew.

"There's nothing here, what the hell." JJ huffed.

"Where's Morgan and Reid?" Hotch acknowledged that they were missing from the team.

"They must still be inside, here Emily can you see if they are on the line?" I asked.

"Reid, Morgan do you copy?" she asked into her ear piece.

"Anything?" I began to panic. Emily shook her head.

At her response, my heart dropped. I immediately turned, trying to run back in to the house, but Hotch and JJ held me back.

"Let me go!" I screamed, trying to free myself from their grip.

"Abby you can't go in there." Hotch choked up.

"No, you don't understand, you have to let me go." I started to cry.

"Abby," I fell into JJ's arms, letting the tears flow. Just then, Morgan walked out of the house, alone. My heart fell to my feet as my body hit the floor.

"Dammit!" Morgan slammed the car. "Hotch, he has the kid."

"How did it happen?" Hotch asked.

"We cleared the room, going to opposite sides and boom as I turned back, Reid was gone."

"Are you sure it was Scratch?"

"I swear Hotch, you better not let me find that son of a bitch because I will kill him." Morgan began to raise his voice. "Where's Abby?"

"I'm alive." I cried.

"Abby, we are going to find him, okay buttercup?" Morgan pulled me into a hug as I continued to cry.

----

a/n: sorry this is so short! keep your eye out for more chapters!