chapter sixteen

Abby's POV: 

"Abby" Spencer walked into the conference room, walking over to hand me a coffee. 

"Thanks babe." I leaned over to kiss his cheek, making him smile. 

"Glad to see you guys worked everything out." Morgan commented, sitting across the table from us. I picked up the case file sitting to my left, going through it once again. Something about this case made it seem so easy, but it wasn't. 

"There's been another set of women found five miles from here. JJ and Morgan I want you two to head over to the new crime scene, Emily go with Morgan to the ME to talk with the coroner, Abby you can stay here with me." Hotch walked into the conference room where we all were sitting. 

"What about me?" Spencer asked, confused as to why Hotch ignored him, as the rest of the team headed out. 

"Oh. Yeah, Reid you can stick around here and work on geographic profiling." Hotch replied. I got up from my chair about 20 minutes later, wincing in pain as I did so, walking over to the case board. 

"Okay, so all of these women are being abducted from the same bar, all on Friday nights. You know the unsub could be a bartender." I grabbed my phone out of my pocket to call Morgan.

"What's up buttercup?" 

"Morgan, did any of the victims have any drugs in their system?" I asked, hopeful for a lead. 

"Wait, I think you're on to something. All of the victims had flunitrazepam in their system." 

"That's a date rap drug. Flunitrazepam is commonly used for anesthesia and to treat insomnia. But it is also a hypnotic drug that is a benzodiazepine derivative." Spencer chimed in. 

"Thanks Morgan." I hung up the phone, setting it down on the table. 

"Okay think about this. If the unsub is a bartender, who these women usually would trust, he could be lacing their drinks. Once the slow effects of the drug appear, he helps them out, but leads them to his car. Seeing them suffer is what gets him off. Stabbing these women makes him feel in control. He's powerless. I think he maybe even had a father in his life that maybe abused him and told him he was worthless." I began to ramble on. 

"Abb, I think you're on to something." Spencer dialed Garcia's number. 

"Garcia, I need you to go through all of the men that work at the bar. We think it is the abduction place for the unsub. Look for any men, probably late 20s, early 30s, that has worked Friday nights for the past three weeks." Spencer asked. 

"I've got three men. Adam Bare, Gio Newts, and Callen Hank." 

"Thanks Garcia." Spencer gathered his bag together. 

"Where are you going?" I asked. 

"To the bar. Get your stuff we're leaving in five." 

"But Hotch said I can't leave." 

"I don't care, I'm not gonna leave you here." 

"Fine." I followed Spencer out to the car. The bar was about ten minutes from the police station which left some time for me to think more about the case. 

"What did victimology come back with?" I chirped. 

"Believe it or not, all six of the victims went to the same college and were in the same sorority at the same time. They had to of all known each other." 

"That's the connection. The unsub maybe tried to hook up with them and when they denied him, he essentially created a hit list" We pulled into the parking lot, as I pulled out my phone to call Garcia. 

"My wonderful sweet sugar plum what can I do for you?" 

"Garcia, I need you to tell me what college the six victims attended and cross check that with the three men from earlier."

"Your unsub is Callen Hank. Let me look- oh no, he was just fired from the bar this morning. Looks like due to too many complaints of bad behavior." I began to get a bit worried, knowing that this could set him off. "Garcia what kind of car does his drive?" I asked, knowing that if we went in, he could be armed and dangerous. 

"A white van. Damn, couldn't be more obvious, that screams serial killer."

"Garcia, I need you to call the team and get them all here immediately, I think the unsub is here." 

"On it. Stay safe." 

"Thank Garcia, love you." I got out of the car, as Spencer was already almost in the bar. 

"Spencer!" I yelled, trying to get his attention but he didn't hear me. "Spencer, if you can hear me, turn around right now it's a trap." I whispered into the headset. No reply. I began to worry, as I tried my best to walk fast into the bar. I had a knee brace, restricting my movement and knew if I ran, I would be risking major damage. 

"FBI!" I yelled, drawing my gun. As I walked into the bar, I saw him, lying on the floor, unconscious. 

----

a/n: sorry this chapter is a bit short! it makes more sense to switch chapters for this part! chapter 17 will be up in a bit! i love you<3