chapter thirty-five

Spencer's POV:

"Get up!" I heard a voice yell. I opened my eyes, revealing Scratch standing in front of me, a gun pointed at my left temple. I tried to speak, even move my hands, but I was nearly paralyzed. 

"What is it? Cat got your tongue?" Scratch joked, a smirk across his face. I just stared at him, looking into his cold eyes. 

Scratch became frustrated at the fact I didn't reply, so he began to kick me before slapping me across the face with his gun. I tried to fight back, but had no power. 

"You- Will- Never- Make- It- Out- Alive-She-Never-Even-Loved-You" Scratch huffed, hitting me each time in between words. I grew tired of him hitting me, I gave it everything I could to get up off the ground. All of a sudden, my vision still blurry, I knocked Scratch down to the ground, groaning in pain as I did so. 

His gun fell out of his hands, so I kicked it from his reach, nearly falling from the motion. I bent down to pick it up, turning around to take the shot, realizing that my vision was nowhere near proficient to aim. I took random shots until I heard his body drop. He laid on the floor before me, as I rushed over there to make sure he was down. My vision was blurry, but I could see the blood covering him, I had hit him in the stomach and left knee cap. 

I ran out the front door, only to realize that I was in the middle of nowhere. The house was deep in the country, so I followed the only possible escape, the driveway. My legs had never ran so fast in my life. 

After running for what felt like approximately three and a half miles, I found a payphone. My only thought was Maeve, as every conversation we shared played in my head, along with her death. I quickly shook those thoughts away as I dialed Garcia's number. 

"Reid?" I could hear Garcia on the other line. 

"T-track this call." I tried to catch my breath and focus my blurry vision. 

"I'm trying." I could hear her slam against the computer keys. 

"Pretty boy." Morgan's voice said on the other line. 

"Morgan she's dead." I explained to him. 

"Who's dead? Scratch?" he asked, confused. 

"Abby. It's all my fault." I began to cry. 

"I've got it!" Garcia screamed, hurting my ear.

As I tried to say another word, the line went silent. 

"Insert coins to continue." The computerized voice spoke. I slammed the phone against its holder in frustration. I hit my back against its frame, sliding down to the floor. As I sat there with my head in my hands, I fell asleep. 

-----

Abby's POV: 

"Where is he?" I jumped out of the car, frantically. When we arrived on the scene, Reid was nowhere to be found. 

"Reid!" I heard JJ yell, running over to beside the phone booth, as I followed. 

I bent down beside him, shaking him awake. He opened his eyes slowly, pushing me off of him. I fell back onto the ground, barely catching myself. 

"You never- even- loved me!" Spencer began to kick me as I laid on the ground, helpless. 

"Reid! Stop it!" Morgan pulled him away, handing him over to Hotch as he helped me off the ground. 

"Are you okay Pumpkin?" he grabbed my hand, picking me off the grass. 

"Yeah, just confused." I brushed the dirt off my shoulder.