Chapter 20

The next day I finally decided to go to the dojo with Johnny. I sat in the office scrolling through Pinterest while he and Kreese gave the kids punishment for trashing Daniel's dojo.

Johnny's phone rang in the middle of class and he came into the office to answer it.

"Hey man long time! Good man. Listen I'd love to catch up it's just I'm in the middle-" His face fell.

"Wait what? How bad is it?" He glanced at me as the person on the other line answered.

"Yeah. We'll be there soon." He hung up.

"Shit Michelle." He muttered, giving me a sad look.

"Get your bag ready, I'm gonna go change." He said, then walked out of the office. He and Kreese had a few words and he walked off to the locker room, then came back out a few minutes later.

I met him at the door and we got into his car, heading back to the apartment.

"Pack some clothes for a few days." He started packing his own.

"What's going on?" I asked, slowly starting to pack. He sighed and sat me down on the bed, kneeling in front of me.

"Its Tommy." Then I knew and my heart sank. I couldn't handle anymore bad things. I fought my tears until I really needed them and stood up, continuing to pack.

We headed further up the state to the place they had Tommy at.

We signed in, looking lost as hell.

"Johnny!" A familiar voice said. Bobby!

"Oh Bobby!" I beat Johnny to him, squeezing him in a bear hug. All the guys were my brothers, but me and Bobby worked at the daycare for years together before we quit after college.

Then him and Johnny had their own reunion. Rude!

"Michelle, you good?" Bobby finally asked, looking me up and down. I must have looked like a wreck. Bruises and a broken hand.

"I'll explain when everyone's here." He nodded.

"How's he doing?" Johnny asked.

"He'll be happy to see you guys. Room 112." Johnny took my hand and we slowly made our way to the room.

Their laid our best friend in the hospital bed, looking pale. Still kicking, but I knew.

"You're watching soccer? It's worse than I thought." Johnny said, walking into the room. Ugh I hate this.

"Johnny! You didn't have to come all the way out here." Tommy said, sitting up a little in his bed.

"Yeah you gonna come see ME? Michelle." Johnny called.

"Michelle! What the hell happened to you?" Tommy exclaimed.

"Don't ask. I missed you." I said with a sigh, and then started to cry. Fuck!

"Oh c'mon now." Tommy muttered, pulling me into a hug.

"Ah, can see they already got me a priest." He said, Bobby was standing in the doorway.

"I'm a pastor, Tommy. But if you still wanna confess to that $50 you owe me, the big guy's listening." I laughed.

I went over and hugged Johnny for dear life. If I didn't, i felt like i was gonna crumble apart.

They were talking about Tommy's cancer when Jimmy walked in. Him and Tommy had their reunion and then the nurse walked in. We stepped out to give them some privacy. Me and Jimmy hugged and then Bobby filled us in on the REAL plan.