Chapter 2: The Crash

It's been a few days since the soccer tryout fiasco.

"Hey so why did Bobby do that to Daniel yesterday?" I asked, sitting down in History.

"Well good morning to you too!" Johnny said, patting my back. I laughed.

"Because I told him too."

"Why?" I demanded, raising an eyebrow.

"You know that girl, Alli, that Daniel was hanging out with?" I nodded.

"Well, me and her went out for 2 years and just broke up this summer because I forgot her birthday. And when I saw Daniel with her, it made me upset." He explained.

"Okay but you two are broken up. So maybe instead of trying to sabotage her new relationship, if that's even a thing right now, maybe try to look past it and move on, let her be happy?" I suggested.  He raised an eyebrow.

"Wow you gave me better advice than anyone else." He said with a small laugh. I shrugged, getting my notebook out.

Usually after each class he'll just walk behind me awkwardly, but today he walked right next to me and we actually talked. During the last class, free period, he did something unexpected that made my heart flip.

"Do you mind giving me your number?" He asked, grinning. So cocky.

"Sure." I said with a laugh, writing it down and giving it to him. He winked at me and the bell rang.

"You're gonna have to ride home alone tonight, I'm studying with Alli." Daniel said when I got to my bike.

"Okay, have fun." I said getting on my bike and riding off.

He came home with another black eye, and scratches and bruises all over him. His bike was trashed. 

"What happened?" I demanded. 

"Johnny and his group." He said shakily, sitting down. I sighed and growled, then went to my room to avoid any further violence. 

About an hour later my phone rang.

"Hello?" I sighed, rubbing my face.

"Bad timing?" Johnny asked on the other end.

"Hm let's see, my brother just came home with yet ANOTHER black eye by the hands of you. AGAIN!" I shouted into the phone.

"Woah, woah. I'm sorry." Johnny said. I could hear his friends snickering in the background.

"Tell that to him." I snapped, hanging up.

I ignored Johnny all throughout our classes. When he got to History he looked at me with a sad face, and started to say something, but I glared at him and he just looked away.

At lunch, Daniel and Alli kept talking about last night. It made me even more mad and I kept giving Johnny dirty looks. 

"I'm fine Michelle. After 8 hours of sleep I'm fine." Daniel said.

"They won't stop." Alli said, shaking her head. 

"Maybe if I kick Johnny's ass and give him a taste of his own medicine, they will." I muttered angrily.

"Michelle!" Bobby called. I sighed and got up, walking over to their table.

"What?" I said to Bobby.

"Hi." He said, smiling and waving. I rolled my eyes and started to walk away.

"Michelle." Johnny called. I turned around, raising my eyebrows.

"I'm sorry." He said, glancing at me then looking down. 

"Why do you keep hurting him? He doesn't even do anything to you." I said softly, then I walked away.