Chapter 9

It's been a week and I still haven't called or even texted Johnny.

Me and Daniel are volunteering at Sam's Halloween dance at school.

"The last time we were at a Halloween dance at that school, I was dating Johnny and he kicked your ass." I said with a laugh.

"Yeah well he's always been an ass." Daniel replied.

"You drenched him with water! He didn't even do anything to you!" I exclaimed.

"I'm not getting into this again." He said, shaking his head.

I decided to go pregnancy friendly with my outfit for the dance and decided on some boots, leggings, a short sleeved shirt, and a warm cardigan.

When I finally walked into the gym, I noticed a kid dressed the exact same way Johnny was at our Halloween dance years ago. Sam and her friends went as Laker cheerleaders. Girls these days.

After awhile I ventured out into the hallway to get some air, and my head hurt from the loud noise.

I decided to take a walk down memory lane and started heading towards my old locker, which was right outside the history classroom. The class I met Johnny in.

When I reached that hallway, I saw Johnny taping signs to the lockers, Cobra Kai advertisement.

When he reached my locker he stopped, staring at it and smiling a little.

Okay Michelle. Walk away or make your presence known.

Fuck.

"Hi." I said. His smile disappeared and he looked at me, then smiled again.

"Hey." He replied.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Advertising for the dojo, plus my student goes here so I drove him to the dance."

"Student, singular?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

"I just opened up!" He exclaimed with a chuckle. I smiled.

"You never called." He continued.

"I didn't really know what to say, and I figured you'd be too busy with the new dojo and all."

"I'll never be too busy for you." He said, looking down. I half smiled.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, looking back up.

"My niece goes to this school so me and Daniel are chaperoning the dance." I said with an eyeroll, which hurt like a bitch. I guess I winced at the pain.

"What happened to you?" Johnny asked, walking closer. I sighed.

"Well, after we broke up, I couldn't really bring myself to date anyone else, but one day I was sitting in a bar and this cute guy walked in. He came right up to me and we started talking. He seemed super nice, so we exchanged numbers and then started dating,"

"We were together for 6 years. He was abusive, I'll admit, but it didn't happen often, he just had a short temper."

"That's no excuse." Johnny interrupted.

"I know. Anyways, a few weeks ago he came home from work one day and I guess he had a bad day. He was already drunk and yelling. So I asked him what was wrong, and then offered him some advice, and I guess he didn't like that because he started using me as a punching bag."

"I tried to get away and he grabbed my throat and slammed me up against the wall. I grabbed his hand and broke it, and ran for my damn life. He ran after me and pushed me, and I fell down three flights of stairs. When I reached the bottom I got up and just started running. After awhile I stopped and called Daniel, he picked me up and took me to the emergency room."