Chapter 18

It was about 9 AM when I finally decided to get up. I got ready and got dressed into my own clothes for a change, a pair of high waisted yoga leggings and a tank top.

I was getting my morning coffee ready when there was a knock on the door. I sighed and rolled my eyes, but something told me to ignore it.

The knocking kept continuing.

"Michelle!" An all too familiar voice shouted. It was Terry.

I froze in place. Johnny wasn't here. What do I do? I couldn't call him. He was busy.

I panicked and ran into the bathroom where I had miraculously found a secret cutout in the wall of the closet, and hid in there.

It seemed stupid, but what if he tried to break in? I turned my phone onto silent and quieted my breathing.

I could hear him knocking and shouting my name. 10 more minutes went by before he stopped.

Once I was sure he was gone, I started sobbing. He knew where I lived now. He knew. How did he find me?!

I couldn't bring myself to move out of my hiding space until around noon, I had babies to feed.

I made a sandwich and ate it with shaking hands.

I spent the rest of the day in the room with no windows, the only room that felt safe, the bathroom.

Johnny didn't come home until super late, almost 1 AM.

I heard him sigh as he set his keys down and locked the door behind him. He clicked off the lamp and walked past the bathroom into the bedroom.

"What? Michelle?" He called. I grabbed my phone charger and opened the bathroom door.

"It seemed like you weren't here, but your car is."

"Yeah." I mumbled, walking past him and into the bedroom.

"Its late." I said softly, not bothering to change. I crawled right into bed.

"I'm sorry but you have to understand why I'm giving Kreese a second-"

"Whatever. Its fine." I said with a sniffle. I had been crying off and on all day.

"What's wrong?" He asked, getting into bed and wrapping his arms around me.

"Nothing."

"You're crying. What happened." He demanded.

"I'm not gonna tell you because you're gonna fucking flip and I cannot handle that today."

"I promise I won't flip."

"I'm scared." I whispered.

"What happened?"

"Terry, my ex, came by today. He didn't come in, I ignored it. He just knocked for like 20 minutes and i hid in the bathroom all day." I finally admitted. He took a long exhale.

"Why didn't you call me?" He said through clenched teeth.

"You were busy with your training thing I didn't wanna interrupt."

"You wouldn't have been interrupting! What have I told you?! I will ALWAYS have time for you!"

"I'm sorry!" I shouted, starting to cry.

"Michelle, stop." He said, rubbing my back.

"If he comes here again, call me. And then the police, so they can stop me before I go to jail for murder."

"Now I'm too afraid to even leave the apartment!" I cried, starting to sob again. I rolled over and cried into his chest, hugging him tight. I never wanted to leave his arms again.