Chapter 12

I ended up deciding on almost all of the baby stuff Daniel and Amanda pulled out. A crib, a bouncy seat, a changing table, rocking chair, any big furniture. I decided to pick out new clothes and toys.

Daniel came to me with an idea.

"How about I open up a little daycare center in the main dealership? That way it gives you a job and brings more customers in." I excitedly agreed. That means I could be a kind of stay at home mom like I always wanted!

I was sitting with some tea and a book the next day when Johnny called me.

"They banned Cobra Kai from the damn tournament!" He shouted after I answered.

"Well hello to you too." I joked.

"Michelle!"

"I know, I'm sorry. Try to appeal it."

"I am, I'm going to the meeting tonight. I'm gonna give those assholes a run for their money."

"Well I hope it goes well."

"Me too. Damn do you remember the last time we were in that arena?"

"Fuck. Yes!" I said with a sigh and laugh.

"Well I've gotta get ready, maybe I'll see you later."

"Good luck!"

"Thanks." He said with a slight laugh, and hung up.

Later on that night my phone rang just as I was about to go to bed.

"I'm the man!" Johnny shouted, I could hear music in the background.

"I'm guessing the meeting went well?" I chuckled, sitting up.

"Yep we're in!" He hollered. I started cracking up.

"I'm coming to get you." He said.

"Johnny you already sound drunk I'll just come over." I said with a laugh.

"You're right." He agreed. I hung up and didn't even bother changing. I was in leggings and a tank top. I threw on my bra and some flip flops and grabbed my purse and headed out.

"Whoo hoo!" Johnny and Miguel were hollering when I walked in.

"Too bad you can't drink babe." Johnny shouted over the music, sipping on a glass of something with Miguel.

"Don't rub it in because if I wasn't pregnant I'd be a fucking alcoholic." I replied. Him and Miguel both laughed.

"This your girlfriend?" Miguel asked. Here we go.

"Nah dude this is my WIFE!" Johnny shouted, putting his arm around me.

"Only legally." I reminded him.

"Nope, still my wife."

"Wait, I didn't even notice it till now, are you wearing your wedding band on that necklace?!" I exclaimed, pulling the gold chain out from beneath his shirt. He nodded, looking down at me.

"Where's yours?" He asked, his voice low.

"Both of my rings are in my jewelry box at home."

"You guys are cute." Miguel interrupted. All of a sudden I could hear again.

"Well I mean I am, I dunno about him." I replied with a smile.

"If you weren't pregnant I would body slam you onto those mats!" He shouted.

"Try me bitch!" He set down his drink and picked me up bridal style.

"Wait, I can't even like playfully do anything to you. This sucks!" He exclaimed, setting me down.