Chapter 24: The beginning of my Hell

One morning when Daniel had decided to unwillingly enter the tournament after being hassled by his new rival and his gang, Daniel had asked me to go on a run with him.
"Michelle, wake up." Johnny said, shaking me. He handed me the phone after I sat up, yawning and rubbing my eyes.

"Hello?" I mumbled.

"Do you wanna go for a run?" Daniel asked.

"Sure see you when you get here."

"Where you goin?" Johnny asked with a yawn.

"Daniel wants to go run with me, probably gearing up for the damn tournament."

"It's just so shitty the way that all played out." He said with an eye roll. I nodded and got up, heading to the bathroom to get ready. I put my hair into a ponytail and put on some jogger shorts and a sweatshirt. Then I heard Daniel honk outside.

"Be careful. Too many creeps out there." Johnny said, hugging me and kissing me on the forehead.

"I will." I said as I headed out the door.

I climbed into Daniels car and we headed to a park. We parked and stretched, got some water. After about 20 minutes of running around, a guy with a black ponytail pulled up in a blue truck.

"Hey!" The man called out. We turned around and Daniel headed over so I followed.

"Hey! Yeah Michelle this is- I'm sorry what's your name again?"

"Terry Silver." The man replied.

"Terry Silver this is my sister Michelle."

"Hi." Terry said with a smile. I nodded with a slight smile.

They exchanged a small conversation and then Terry left. Something wasn't right about him, not right at all. He seemed nice but he had a dark demeanor to him. Which you think that would have put me off years later.

We continued our jog and then headed back to Mr Miyagi's house so Daniel could train. I sat on the deck with a book while he hit the punching bag.

I headed into the house to call Johnny and update him and when I came back, Terry and another guy were in the backyard with Daniel. Terry kicked the guy out of the yard and then started showing Daniel how to sweep the leg.

"Hey Michelle!" He called out with a grin. I waved and sat back down with my book.

Even though they were training I swear I could feel Terry's eyes on me every second.

They bowed after they were done and they walked over to me.

"So Michelle you got any plans tonight?" Terry asked.

"She's gotta boyfriend, man. You might know him. Johnny Lawrence? He was a student of Kreese."

"Ah is that right? Haven't seen Johnny since he was about 12. It might be good to see him again."

"Maybe." I said, flipping a page in my book.

"Well if you change your mind." He handed me a business card. I took it and set it on the deck, not bothering to look up.

"Well, my offer still stands Daniel." And he left.

After Daniel sat for a bit he drove me home.

"Hey." Johnny hollered from the kitchen, and he came out with a beer in hand. Typical.

"Hey." I said with a sigh, sitting down on the couch.

"What's wrong?"

"I met Daniels new training buddy Terry Silver and something was just off about him."

"God, that guy." Johnny said with an eye roll.

"Yeah Daniel told him you're my boyfriend and he said last time he saw you, you were 12."

"Yeah. Some class it was that day. That guy is crazy."

"He seems crazy." I went to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of wine.

"I ordered pizza for dinner it's on the counter, I just didn't wanna eat without you." I nodded and grabbed some plates and piled them up, bringing them to the living room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few weeks had passed and I decided not to go to the tournament. Daniel training with Terry turned him into a different person and I didn't like it.

One night when Johnny was at work, I had gotten a knock at the door. I answered, but I shouldn't have. It was Terry.

"Hey, how you doing? Haven't seen you in awhile." He said with a grin.

"How do you know where I live?"

"Your brother told me. Nice place, could use some fixing up." He said, glancing around and messing with the door frame.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you. Look, I know how Johnny can be-"

"Let me stop you right there. You need to leave."

"Alright alright, I'll go. But if you ever get tired of living in a dump with a low life, call me. You're very beautiful and-" I slammed the door in his face.

I was hoping I would never see him again, but years later the next time I did, I was in for a rude awakening.