Chapter 23

These past two weeks have been crazy. Miguel is still in a coma. Sam is healed up physically but not mentally and emotionally. Robby is nowhere to be found. Daniel is about to lose the dealership since no one is coming in to buy cars after his students were in the big school showdown. Johnny is on a huge drinking binge and only comes home at night or sleeps all day, depending on his mood, although I haven't seen him in a couple of days.

Kreese is running the dojo which leaves Johnny with no pay. Luckily my daycare is doing pretty well.

My phone buzzed. I got excited thinking maybe it was Johnny, but it was a text from Sam.

Sam😇: First day back after my suspension. Wish me luck.  😕

Me: Luck ♡ you will be okay, love.

I sighed and rolled out of bed. I feel gross, I haven't showered in a couple of days because I've been worried about Johnny. He threw his phone away and trashed his car the day of the fight so I had no clue where he could be.

I sighed and got up, changing into another one of Johnny's shirts and a fresh pair of underwear. I was too tired for pants. I slowly walked to the kitchen and started some coffee.

This apartment was too damn silent.

I called Daniel and asked if he had heard from Johnny. Nothing.

My phone buzzed and it was a friend request on Facebook. From Ali!

Yes she was my husband's ex girlfriend but she was also my first and only best friend I made when me and Daniel moved to California. I accepted her request and sent her a message.

Hey! Long time no see! How are things? I miss you!

Now back to worrying about Johnny.

I spent all day on the couch watching TV like a zombie. Johnny still didn't come home so I headed to bed. Maybe he'd be here in the morning.

I jolted awake to someone slamming the front door shut. I heard Johnny sigh and throw his keys down. I got out of bed and ran out to the living room.

"Where the hell have you been?!" I demanded. He wreaked of alcohol and sweat and blood. His clothes were stained and his face was all beat up, and he really needed to shave.

"I can't remember." He mumbled, walking past me and into the bedroom. He started to change his outfit.

"Are you ok?" I asked. He slightly shrugged.

"I missed you." I continued. No answer.

"I'll be back later." He said, now in fresh clothes.

"Wait where are you going?"

"Daniel has a lead on Robby."

"Its about time you guys teamed up."

"Bye." He said, shutting the door behind him.

What. The. Fuck.

I grumbled and decided to take a shower. I changed into some jeans and a tank top with some sneakers and headed over to the dealership to kill some time with Amanda. I had just ordered us lunch when she decided to call Daniel.

"Hey honey."

"Hey where are you?" She asked.

"I'm in the car. Johnny Lawrence is with me."

"Oh! Hi Johnny!"

"Oh hey Amanda!" He shouted into the speaker. I rolled my eyes.

"I've got your wife here with me." She continued.

"Hey babe." He half shouted. Made me feel a little better.

"Hi." I replied.

"We gotta new lead on Robby." Daniel said.

"A lead? What are you Tango and Cash?" Amanda replied.

"Nah Tango and Cash were narcotics detectives! It's a totally different thing." Johnny chimed in. I covered my mouth quickly to stifle my laugh.

"Oh I'm sorry, my mistake." Amanda said.

I giggled and started scrolling back again through Pinterest, my new addiction.

After Amanda hung up we ate lunch and then I went back to the apartment. Around 5 PM Daniel had texted me telling me that Robby was found and taken to the juvenile detention center. Thank god.

Johnny came home around 8 PM, and seemed to be in a better mood.

"Miguel woke up." He said, grabbing a beer from the fridge.

"I'm gonna help him learn to walk again." He continued, looking at me with a smile. Wow, he hasn't smiled at me in weeks.

"That's good." I said with a half smile, looking away.

"What's wrong?" He asked, walking up to me.

"I get that you've been going through a lot with Miguel and Robby and losing the dojo to Kreese but you've been on a long ass bender and left me in the dust." His face softened and he pulled me into a hug.

"You're right, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to abandon you." I sighed and hugged him back, rubbing his back.

"C'mon, let's go to bed." He said, kissing me and picking me up.

"Wait, can you shave first?"

"Yes because it's driving me insane." He said with a chuckle. I laughed back and walked into our room and jumped on the bed.

Things are starting to look up now, at least I hope so.