Chapter 19

Oh I did not want to open my eyes. I hurt EVERYWHERE.

"Fuck." I kept hearing Johnny mutter next to me.

"Is she gonna wake up soon, dad?" I heard Sam say. She sounded like she was crying. Someone else sniffled. Amanda?

I groaned quietly and squinted in the hospital light, slowly opening my eyes.

"Oh thank god." Johnny mumbled, sitting up. He was sitting right next to me.

"I'll go get a doctor." Daniel muttered, walking out.

"Who the hell did this?" Johnny demanded, looking so sad. I looked down. My hand was in a cast, and my stomach looked smaller.

Oh no.

"Did I lose the babies?" I asked quickly. Fuck my ribs hurt.

"Yeah." He said sadly. I started crying, covering my face.

"Mrs. Lawrence." I heard someone say. I uncovered my face. The last emergency room doctor from last time. She was amazing.

"I'm sorry." Was all she could manage to start with.

"Well, obviously your hand is broken. You did break some ribs, and, the most unfortunate losses. I'm so sorry." She gave me a sad look.

"Im putting you on bed rest, for at least a month. Your ribs need to heal. As well as the rest of your body." I nodded.

"We're gonna keep you here overnight to make sure you don't have a concussion or anything. We were able to drain most of the miscarry blood, but you will be cramping for a good week."

She kept blabbing on about medications they're putting me on, especially since I'm no longer pregnant, but I stopped listening. I just lost my babies.

"I think Michelle needs to stay with us while she heals." Daniel said after the doctor left.

"No! She's my wife!" Johnny exclaimed, standing up.

"You went out for one night while you knew her ex was watching her every move but yet you still left her alone!"

"She was with you I thought she'd be fine in your care!"

"Stop!" I quietly protested. It hurt to even breathe.

"I'm staying at home with Johnny." I continued, wiping tears away.

"Aunt Michelle, look at all that has already happened since you left the house!" Sam protested, walking up to me with tears streaming down her face.

"I am fine." I said, crossing my arms.

Everyone had ended up staying in the room with me all night. The next morning, they released me. Daniel helped Johnny load me into the car. I couldn't even stand to have my legs spread apart an inch.

When we got home Johnny took me straight to our room.

"You do not leave this damn bed." He said sternly, tucking me in like a baby.

"Don't leave this apartment!" I exclaimed, shoving him with my good hand.

"The only time I'm leaving is to go to the dojo, but I'm sure Sam wouldn't mind staying with you while I'm gone." I didn't hesitate to text her, and she agreed.

The doctors said Terry actually shattered my hand, so I'm stuck with this cast for a good while.

We sat in bed and watched TV until it was time for him to go and Sam came over.

"Call me if anything happens." He said before he left.

"You really spruced this place up." Sam said after he left, looking around the room.