Chapter 15

When I woke up the next morning I smelled breakfast, and Johnny was out of bed. I yawned and stretched and got dressed, into some pregnancy jeggings and my Cobra Kai shirt. I got ready and finally went out to the kitchen.

"Finally!" Johnny shouted, pouring me some coffee.

"You're the one who kept me up until almost 4 AM!" I exclaimed, taking it from his hands and holding the mug up against my face.

"Hey it was worth it though." He said with a smile, kissing my cheek and flipping the bologna.

"Sensei!" Miguel boomed, walking in with a bag slung over his shoulder.

"Mornin' Mrs. Lawrence." He said to me with a smile, sitting at the table. I smiled back.

"Did he break you the news already?"

"At 6 AM!" Johnny shouted, cracking an egg into the pan.

"What were you doing up at 6 AM?" I exclaimed, raising my eyebrows.

"I was too happy, I couldn't sleep."

"Oh please tell me you didn't watch me sleep."

"Oh you bet your ass I did. You're so cute when you snore."

"Johnny!" I whined with a laugh. He chuckled, taking a sip of his coffee.

"You ready to kick ass, Diaz?!" Johnny boomed, jolting me right awake.

"Ready sensei!" Miguel boomed back. I rolled my eyes and sat down.

"So I heard you're having twins Mrs. Lawrence, that's crazy." Miguel said, getting up and pouring himself some orange juice.

"Completely crazy. I am not prepared." I admitted with a nervous laugh, taking a sip of my coffee.

"Nah you'll be fine, you always were a natural mother. You'll love it." Johnny said.

"I know, I know I'll love it it's just instead of focusing on one newborn I'm gonna have to focus on two." I said with a sigh.

"You used to take care of like 8 two year olds at a time back when you worked at the daycare, you'll be fine."

"Yeah but I had Tommy there too to help."

"And you have me to help now. See? Problem solved." He turned off the burner and we finally sat and ate breakfast. Then we headed to the arena with Miguel in the backseat. Johnny drove with his hand on my knee like always, and it just felt so nice to be safe again.

Then Daniel called me.

"You gonna be with the Kais?" He asked.

"Yep, got my shirt on and everything."

"Look I'm sorry about the other night it's just, there's a lotta beef between me and him. And I know you two aren't together anymore but-"

"We are." I interrupted.

"Wait, what?"

"Yep."

"Since when?!" He exclaimed.

"Last night. Or I guess 3 AM this morning." I heard him sigh.

"I'm not mad. I'm just happy you're safe and happy again. At least i know he wouldn't dare lay a finger on you."

"I know. See you there?"

"Yep." I hung up and sighed, throwing my phone into my purse.

"All good?" Johnny asked, pulling into the arena.