|19| He bites to the Bone

Start from the beginning

Sighing again, Taehyung walked up the stairs- pushing his thoughts away while making a strong mental note to talk things out with Jungkook.

******

"The victim's name is Amy Lee, preferably known as Ailee. Age 26. Birthplace Gwangju, where her parents and a younger brother currently reside. However, she was employed in Seoul as a VIP lounge singer in Sinner run by Jeon Jungkook." Lieutenant Mingyu paused, his eyes on the file in his hands.

"Time of death is approximately a week ago, cause of death is through an incision to the throat and preferably blood loss. Blood samples are being run now, so further details will be provided soon. As for the time, I need full reports from the crime scene- the first witnesses, the evidences CCTV recordings, down to Fingerprints, footprints whatever you may find- I need it done by afternoon. Am I clear?" He looked up, his eyes full of determination.

"Yes sir!" The officers responded in unison and scattered out of the officer to get on with their tasks.

Taehyung was about to leave but ceased on his steps when he heard his name being called.

"Detective Kim. Jeon Jungkook." Lieutenant Mingyu called out, his hands behind his back.

Taehyung and Jungkook eyes met for a split second before they quickly looked away.

"Yes Lieutenant?" Taehyung spoke up, planting his feet firmly infront of the desk.

"About this case..." the Lieutenant sighed softly folding his fingers as he slowly looked up at Jungkook and then back at Taehyung.

"I think it's better to withdraw Jeon from this one."

Taehyung's eyes slightly widened.

He had seen this coming.

He had absolutely seen this coming.

Yet- he couldnt decide if this was for the better or for the worst.

The worst- as of for the moment, the worst thing was he couldnt face Jungkook. He couldn't look into his eyes and decipher if the raventte wanted to stay on the case or not.

Taehyung gulped subtly, curling his fingers into a fist.

The Lieutenant continued "As far as my knowledge, it wouldnt be ideal to have you, Jeon Jungkook on the side of investigation considering you were acquaintances with the victim. The investigation is most likely to go through you as well and to follow the protocol, I will have to ask you to step down from this case-"

"Sir!" Taehyung blurted out, cutting in through the sentence creating an awkward atmosphere in the room.

Taehyung cleared his throat, stepping ahead "Lieutenant... if I may, I would like Jeon Jungkook to stay on the case. His extreme calculative solving abilities would definitely favour the investigation and his consultations on the previous cases, stands as proof. I know this decision hinders the protocol, but I will see to it myself that Jungkook is thoroughly investigated as well. So if you will allow it sir, I'd very much like it if Jeon Jungkook stays on the case as my consultant."

Shit. Shit. Shit.

Taehyung cursed in his head out of panic.

He talked over the Lieutenant. What was he even doing?!

Lieutenant Mingyu hummed, pressing his fingers to his mouth.

"Hm... very well then. If you say so Detective Kim, Jungkook may remain on the case." The Lieutenant replied, his tone calm.

"Thankyou Lieutenant" Taehyung bowed his head, same as Jungkook who kept his silence.

"Taehyung? A word?" Lieutenant Mingyu spoke up, as the two prepared to leave.