Chapter Eleven: Dance Practice

Start from the beginning

"So, that map can tell me where he is now?"

"Well, it can show you."

Gwen grabbed the parchment from his hands. It was blank.

"Haha, very funny. Where's the real map?"

"You're holding it. It won't show that kind of information to just anyone. You have to know how it works."

"Are you gonna show me?"

"Are you gonna go running after Malfoy?"

Gwen looked to the floor.

"So he really does have you whipped."

"Why does it matter to you so much?" Gwen locked eyes with Fred.

"It just means I win our little bet." He let out an unconvincing chuckle.

He snatched the map out of her hands. He whispered into it. Then the map displayed all of the castle. She saw herself, Gwendolyn Thatcher, standing with Fred Weasley. She could see the large group of kids in the Hufflepuff and Gryffindor common rooms. Then Fred opened the map to reveal another layer.

"Your boyfriend is pacing around the Astronomy Tower."

"Thanks, Fred." She gave him a quick hug. She started running through the hall, and before she rounded the corner she shouted "and he's not my boyfriend!" She thought she saw Fred's face light up.

Gwen kept running all the way up every floor of the tower to the Astronomy Tower, half out of desperation, and the other half out of fear of being caught.

"Draco?" She said breathlessly entering the dark tower.

Across from the entrance she saw a dark silhouette. It sat with its knees up to its chest. She saw it cradling its head in its hands. She heard a loud sniff. She started to walk towards it. She walked slowly. Her eyes scanned the room. They were alone. She saw the glow of the moon hit his face. It was the first time she had seen real color in his face. He refused to talk. He just stared off into the distance.

"Do you want to talk?" She sat down next to him.

Draco moved his head out of his hands. His eyes stayed fixed on the sky.

"Hannah didn't take it very well." Gwen announced.

His head remained straight forward, but she caught his eyes drifting towards her.

"I know she won't tell anyone, but she was really upset I didn't tell her before."

"You shouldn't have asked me back into your room." He grumbled.

"I didn't think she would come into our room."

"You never think." His eyes looked back to the horizon.

"I'm sorry." Gwen slid her hand to his.

He grabbed her wrist and pulled it up to the side of her head. He locked his eyes on her. There was a passion in his eyes that made her core shake.

"Did you even check to see if we were alone?! Are you begging for us to get caught?!" He threw her hand back to her.

"Yes. I'm really sorry about before. I don't want anything to happen to us." She grabbed his face delicately. She began rubbing his cheek with her thumb. "I care about you. A lot."

Gwen softly placed her lips on his. She began to pull away when Draco turned towards her, grabbed her waist and pulled her close. Gwens hands drifted from his cheek to the back of his neck. He pulled her up onto his lap. His hands began tracing every part of her back.