Ch 27

Two watchers, secluded from the others, sat in a messy room. They were apparently 'traitors', but they didn't care. Instead, they watched and wrote down everything the hermits did, whether exciting or not. It'd become such an important part of their lives that it was given a name. 

Hermitcraft recap. 

'Hello! And welcome to the Hermitcraft recap! This week on Hermitcraft, CUB DIED.' Pixlriffs read cheerfully. He put down the script and sighed. 'wOw.' 

'It's true!' Zloy protested. 'That was literally the only thing that happened on Hermitcraft!'

'Sure...' 

A couple of days had passed since Cub's death. Just in time to be the main focus of Hermitcraft Recap that week. 

'I mean, you should probably make it longer. Explain how he died, people's reaction to him dying...'

'Fine! 'Hello! And welcome to the Hermitcraft recap! This week on Hermitcraft, NPC Grian killed Cub and everyone was sad. Except xB, who ruined Grian's day by saying Iskall died for nothing.' Better?'  

'Thank you.' Pixl replied cheerfully. 

'You're not welcome.'

'Good to know.'

'Anyway, what's the betting that Mumbo and Grian will have an argument this week?' Zloy changed the subject.  'They haven't spoken in a while. And tension is really rising...' 

'8.3 out of 10.' Pixl sounded confident. 'Or 7.46'

'I wonder if anyone else will die, and who will die.'

'I'm guessing Mumbo, False, Xamphe, Scar and Etho will die, and the others will spend the rest of the season hiding in a hole under the shopping district.' Pixl predicted. 

'I think Ren will die too.' Zloy added. 

'Yeah...'

'Oh look, something's happening!'

'What is it?'

'Oh. It's nothing.'

Silence for a moment

'Should we go down to the Hermits?' Zloy asked randomly

'What?!'

'As in, show our faces, mess around...' 

'We're watchers. We're wearing masks and therefore can't show our faces...' Pixl objected.

'You know I don't care...'

'Yep.' 

'Anyway, should we go down?' Zloy sounded excited. Said excitement was crushed by Pixlriffs. 

'No way! They'll freak out and kill us! Permadead!'

'Maybe... maybe not...'

'Definitely.' 

'Fine. We can stay here.' 

'Wait! Something is actually happening!' Pixl began Watching again. Zloy did the same. 

'A watcher is going to the jungle where Xisuma is! Who do you predict is going to get killed? Keralis, Etho, Xamphe or Xisuma?' 

'I'm guessing Xamphe.' 

'Oh, they've gone past Keralis's base... heading straight to the others...' 

'Told you it was Xamphe! He is a traitor like us...' Pixl sounded convinced. 

'Wait! The watcher went past X's base... they must be going to... Oh dear, that's not pretty. Oof.' 

'What happened?!' Pixl sounded nervous. 

'The watcher killed Etho!'