Ch 2

Grian woke up, yawning. A certain wizard looked over at him, threw a couple of posters in his direction and scarpered. 

The builder groaned and sat up, taking the posters. The words Vote Scar for a Good Time popped out from the page. Grian shoved them in a chest. He had fifty more of them elsewhere. 

Equipping his elytra, the Hermit flew out of his mansion. It was a bright day, the sun shining as normal. He glided over the jungle, gazing at Mumbo's spanners and Iskall's Omega Tree of Doom, before speeding over the ocean towards the shopping district. 

As Grian landed outside the town hall, he pictured Mumbo on the diamond throne. He would look good there, watching over the cowmmercial district. He pinned up a few more of his own Mumbo for Mayor signs, sighed at the lack of potential votes and set off again for Grumbot. 

The robot was his normal self, and whirred to life as Grian posted a question. An answer came out. 

Hello Dad

Grian smiled at the simple sentence. He was still getting used to being called Dad by AI, and was still thinking about it as a shadow landed next to him. 

'Good morning, Grian.' Mumbo greeted. The builder looked up at his friend. 

'Hi, Mumbo.' 

'Scar's been busy with his posters. Covered my base and IBBBBBBBIBI with them.' 

'What on Hermitcraft is an IBBBIBBB...' Grian continued with a random stream of letters. 

'It's an In Between Bases Base Build By Bumbo Baggins But Inspired By Iskall.' 

Silence. 

'What's an IBBIBBIBIBBBIBII?'

'My base...'

'Oh.' 

'Anyway, checking on our 'Son'?'

'Yep... Just asking some questions... Well, one question that wasn't a proper question... I don't know. What are you doing?' 

'Same thing, really.' 

Silence again. 

'You've fitted in well on Hermitcraft.' Mumbo stated. 

'I guess I have...' 

'So many things last season were started by you - tag, the prank/civil war, Architechs, Sahara, Demise, the build off...' 

'Yeah...' 

'Have you remembered much more of your life before?' 

'Just the odd little thing... Something about tortoises.' 

'How strange!' 

'Still haven't opened those boxes... I guess I'm scared of what I'll find... I just instinctively know that it's dangerous, but I have no idea what it is.' 

'Shall we ask Grumbot some stuff, since we're here?' 

'What shall we ask?'

'How to deal with the competition. Scar's seriously been working hard on his campaign'

'What should I say? Maybe... 'scar's too good. HELP.'' Grian suggested The two architechs laughed. 

'He'll understand what we're saying.' Mumbo reasoned. Grian posted the question. There was a delay, before Grumbot replied.

'Oh dear...' Mumbo stated. 'This is bad.'

Grumbot was glaring at them, and a couple of pieces of paper came out.