Ch 11

The cave was darker than Grian remembered. Maybe it was because someone had removed the torches. Or maybe he was just pessimistic. 

Everything behind the symbol was caved in, so it wasn't too far to go in. He could still bail out if it was all too much. 

He'd left a comment in chat in case anyone cared. Probably would be relieved to see he was dead. Less stressful when the person linked to the monsters was gone. Grian sighed. He used to think of Hermitcraft as his home. Now it was hell. 

Hints of guilt at how he'd treated iskall came back to the front of his mind. The swede had truly wanted to help him. And he'd blown it. Again. 

Cracks ran up the stone walls and into the ceiling. It would be the best place to start if he was going to destroy this place, and himself too. 

The first hit of the pickaxe did nothing. Grian was so furious he hit it harder the next time. A small chunk of cobble fell out. Nothing else changed. 

Blow after blow of vented anger was forced upon the wall. It didn't take long to start rumbling, ready to fall. The builder smiled, and wiped sweat from his fringe. Only a couple more hits would do it. 

The first of the two sent the stone into an almost physics-denied position. Half the roof was sagging, right above Grian's head. He braced himself to hit it again. Would it hurt? Or would the death be so instant he didn't feel anything. 

Just as he got in position to strike, a shadow blocked the moonlight. The builder barely reacted, and knocked the cobble hard enough for-

'GRIAN! WATCH OUT!'

                         =-=_=-=_=-=_=-=_=-=_=-=_=-=_=-=_=-=_=-=_=-=_=-=_=-=_=-=_=-= 

Iskall sat alone in his Omega tree, snuffling feebly. Grian's words had hurt more than a diamond sword. Maybe he shouldn't have got so angry himself. But it seemed like everything he'd tried to get Grian to talk to his friends ended with situations worse in the end. 

A message popped up in chat. Iskall ignored it. It wouldn't be important. Besides, he seemed to be as good at helping people as Grian.  

With nothing else to do, the Swede set to work counting out his meagre about of diamonds. He only had a few diamond blocks. So much for 10,000 diamonds. 

Iskall sighed, and decided he would actually look in the chat. 

The message was from Grian.

I'm going into the cave with the symbol and hoping I die. Bye anyone that stupidly cares about me.

Iskall didn't hesitate in grabbing rockets and flying. How long had he wasted ignoring it? Was it already too late? Was Grian pranking?'

Thankfully for him, his base was quite near to Xisuma's. He landed bumpily outside the cave and ran in. There was Grian, standing hopelessly as he hit the rock above him.

'GRIAN, WATCH OUT!' The swede howled, barrelling into his friend, just as the whole place collapsed. Cobblestone fell everywhere, and a bit hit Grian's arm. Worse damage came to Iskall's legs though, as they were crushed by the brunt of the stone. Right where Grian had stood.

The Omega-tree builder hid a yell of pain, diamond eye glitching with tears of agony and adrenaline. He placed down a torch so he could see, though he really didn't want to witness the damage. 

'I...Iskall?' Grian murmured. The wound on his arm was bleeding, but it didn't show much. His sweater was red anyway. 

'What the HELL were you thinking?' Iskall snarled. He was full on crying now. 'Imagine how I would've felt if you were gone! For once in your life, Grian THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE DOING!' 

'Iskall, your legs...' Grian replied.

'Yeah, I noticed...' 

'It's worse than you think...' 

Iskall braved a look back at his lower limbs, and instantly turned back. They were clearly beyond repair - impaled and crush by what seemed like a stack of stone. The thick jeans that he wore were turned reddish-purple with it all. 

'You didn't have to come...' Grian sounded regretful and panicked. 

'I wasn't going to let you die.'

'I didn't want you to come! I didn't want anyone else to get hurt by me ever again!' 

'Unfortunately, I wasn't going to let by friend commit suicide!' 

'I'm sorry... I didn't think, I just wanted to get out of this mess... I wanted people to understand how it felt for me when Doc died...' Grian was crying too now. 

'Even if there was a way out, I couldn't leave here because of my legs... Oh, Grian... we're in Omega trouble now...' 

'Don't remind me...' 

'Any moment now the cave could collapse. Then we'd be dead.' Iskall continued pessimistically. 

'You're not helping!' Grian cried. 'At least try to stay happy. At least we're together...' 

'Dragon bros, dragon bros... stuck in a cave and no one knows...' Iskall sung 

'Iskall and Grian stuck in a cave... All because Grian did not behave!' Grian retorted to the tune of Mumbo AFK. 

'Remember when we trapped Mumbo in an obsidian box without his pickaxe...' Iskall laughed sadly. 'It started the entire prank war...' 

'Then the civil war...'

'We won, obviously.' 

'Nothing can stop G-team!' 

The cave stopped their talking by depositing some small chunks of rock down. 

'The cobble's gonna fall, I know it is. I didn't even say goodbye to Mumbo...' Iskall wept. Grian tried to comfort the miserable swede, but was too caught up in crying himself. 

'If only IskallMAN was here to save us...' The swedish hermit muttered.  

'Or the G-man...' Grian replied. 

'Or poultryman...'

 'Poultryman would just throw eggs everywhere.' The builder stated.

'True...'

A comment appeared in chat, and Grian noticed it had a whole ton of exclamation marks and capital letters. Unsurprisingly, it was from Stress. 

The builder read the comment, then repeated the process, extremely happy.

'What is it? Is SuperStress coming to rescue us?' 

'No.'

'Then what is it?' 

'Xisuma's awake.'