ch 14

No one told the hermits to meet in the shopping district. They just all did. It was like they were expecting something. Something bad, since some had swords drawn and suspicious expressions. 

And that was when the visitors arrived. 

Creatures in purple cloaks with masks covering their eyes. They looked imposing, and powerful, though nothing else was different about them. Except the symbol on their masks. The same symbol that Impulse had destroyed in the cave. 

'Greetings, mortals.' The taller of the two greeted with a sharp-toothed smile. 'We come with news.'

'What news is that? And where is Impulse?' Tango growled. 

'Wait, and you will hear, Tango.'

The boomer stepped back. 'H... how do you know my name?'

'Tangotek: TNT loving, trigger happy, joined halfway through season two, member of several alliances, including 'Team ZIT' and 'The Boomers'. Also was on the side of the 'G-team' in the Hermitcraft civil war...' The second of the visitors rallied off.

'What?!'

'Yes, mortal. We are the Watchers. And you destroyed our symbol. The symbol of peace. Now you will sacrifice three of your group.'

'Sacrifice?' Stress asked nervously. 

'Again, yes. But luckily for you, one has already been done. 

A figure appeared, levitating in midair, held up by a purple magic. Blood dripped from a wound through their heart. Impulse.

'NO! YOU MONSTER! I'LL MURDER YOU! HE WAS INNOCENT!' Tango wept, clawing for the watchers. Zedaph pulled him back, helped by Bdubs. 

'He was the one that did the deed. He payed the price.' The other watcher explained. 

'He never wanted to... Oh, Notch... I was the one that made him do it... Impulse... I'm sorry... I wish I hadn't...' Tango crumpled to the ground, crying waterfalls. 

'Silence your mourning, TNT boy.' The Watcher hissed. Tango looked up, eyes blazing with hatred. 

'How dare you come here and kill Impulse and act as if this world is yours. It's OURS. And we will fight to protect it! For Hermitcraft!'

'SILENCE!'

Suddenly, as if he was gagged, Tango couldn't speak. The same glowing light that still held Impulse's body up lifted him into the air. 

'I see our second sacrifice has stepped forwards.' The watcher smiled. Tango struggled, still crying, transformed into a different person by the strength of the masked newcomers.

Nothing else seemed to happen, but then the silence broke. Tango screamed, loud enough to drown out everything else. Loud enough to wake the dead. A cold, hair-raising scream of pure terror and agony. 

Purple flames burnt through his skin, and in a matter of seconds, the boomer became ash. 

A terrible hush fell of Hermitcraft. Zedaph was weeping, and the other hermits had a mix of fear, anger and pity on their faces. 

'Now, the third sacrifice has already been decided.' The watcher continued, as if he hadn't just turned someone to ash from the inside out. 

The second watcher looked around the group for whoever would be the next victim. The hermits recoiled when his gaze reached them, but none of them were chosen. 

'You know him by a different name, and I don't think he's with you currently. But one of you was once a Watcher too, and ran away from us. Now we invite them back into our arms to join us again. Is Xelqua here?'

Murmurs of confusion arose. No one had heard of a Xelqua. Except one, who had the smallest spark of memory at it. Running through a dark building, chased by some monster, and jumping through a portal into Hermitcraft. 

Grian. 

'Again, is Xelqua here?' The watcher growled. 'And if you don't come forwards, then more of you will be killed as... persuasion.'

'I think you call him 'grain' or something...' the other watcher murmured quietly. Eyes flicked to Grian, accusing stares and confused faces, both wanting answers. 

'I am not Xelqua, but I want to speak...' Came Xisuma's voice. He stepped forwards to talk. Etho tried to hold him back, but failed.

'╎↸╎𝙹ℸ ̣...' The watcher muttered to himself.

'╎'ᒲ ᓭ𝙹∷∷|| ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ∴ᒷ ᔑリ⊣ᒷ∷ᒷ↸ ||𝙹⚍.' The admin replied, surprising everyone by speaking perfect galactic. '∴ᒷ ∴ᒷ∷ᒷ 𝙹リꖎ|| ℸ ̣ ∷||╎リ⊣ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 !¡∷𝙹ℸ ̣ ᒷᓵℸ ̣ 𝙹⚍∷ᓭᒷꖎ⍊ᒷᓭ. ∴ᒷ ↸╎↸リ'ℸ ̣ ∷ᒷᔑꖎ╎ᓭᒷ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ||𝙹⚍ ∴𝙹⚍ꖎ↸ ⊣ᒷℸ ̣ ᓭ𝙹 ⚍!¡ᓭᒷℸ ̣ ʖ|| ╎ℸ ̣ '

'∴ᒷ ꖌリᒷ∴ ∴⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ||𝙹⚍ ᒲᒷᔑリℸ ̣ , ᔑ↸ᒲ╎リ. ᔑリ↸ ∴ᒷ ∷ᒷᔑᓵℸ ̣ ᒷ↸ ᔑᓵᓵ𝙹∷↸╎リ⊣ꖎ||.' The watcher retorted. 

'||𝙹⚍'⍊ᒷ !¡∷𝙹⍊ᒷ↸ ||𝙹⚍∷ !¡𝙹╎リℸ ̣. リ𝙹∴ ||𝙹⚍ ᓵᔑリ ∷ᒷℸ ̣ ⚍∷リ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ∴ᔑℸ ̣ ᓵ⍑╎リ⊣ ⚍ᓭ ╎リ !¡ᒷᔑᓵᒷ,'

'∴⍑ᔑℸ ̣ 'ᓭ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ⎓⚍リ ╎リ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᔑℸ ̣ ?'

'||𝙹⚍'∷ᒷ ℸ ̣ ᒷꖎꖎ╎リ⊣ ᒲᒷ ||𝙹⚍ ꖎ╎ꖌᒷ ꖌ╎ꖎꖎ╎リ⊣ !¡ᒷ𝙹!¡ꖎᒷ?'  Xisuma looked disgusted, even beneath his helmet.

'∴⍑|| ∴ᔑℸ ̣ ᓵ⍑ ᔑリℸ ̣ ᓭ ╎リ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ᓭ⚍リ ᔑリ↸ リ𝙹ℸ ̣ ʖ⚍∷リ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷᒲ ∴╎ℸ ̣ ⍑ ᔑ ᒲᔑ⊣リ╎⎓||╎リ⊣ ⊣ꖎᔑᓭᓭ?' Came the reply from the watcher.

'ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷリ ╎ ᔑᓭꖌ ||𝙹⚍ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ꖎᒷᔑ⍊ᒷ ᒲ|| ᓭᒷ∷⍊ᒷ∷, ᔑリ↸ ⎓╎リ↸ ᓭ𝙹ᒲᒷ𝙹リᒷ ᒷꖎᓭᒷ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ʖᒷ ||𝙹⚍∷ !¡ꖎᔑ||ℸ ̣ ⍑╎リ⊣ᓭ.' The last word was spat out, which was difficult with something covering X's face. 

'||𝙹⚍ ᓵᔑリ'ℸ ̣ ᒲᔑꖌᒷ ⚍ᓭ ↸𝙹 ᔑリ||ℸ ̣ ⍑╎リ⊣.' 

'∴ᒷ ᔑ∷ᒷ ᔑ∷ᒲᒷ↸ ᔑリ↸ !¡∷ᒷ!¡ᔑ∷ᒷ↸ ℸ ̣ 𝙹 ⎓╎⊣⍑ℸ ̣ ╎⎓ ||𝙹⚍ ↸𝙹リ'ℸ ̣ ⊣𝙹 ᑑ⚍╎ᒷℸ ̣ ꖎ||.' Xisuma drew his netherite sword. The watcher laughed and pushed it away. 

'ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷリ ∴ᒷ ∴╎ꖎꖎ ᒲᔑᓭᓭᔑᓵ∷ᒷ ||𝙹⚍∷ ꖎᔑリ↸ ᔑリ↸ ℸ ̣ ᔑꖌᒷ ╎ℸ ̣ ʖ|| ⎓𝙹∷ᓵᒷ.' 

'ꖎᒷᔑ⍊ᒷ. リ𝙹∴.' The admin was clearly furious, hands clenched. 

'||𝙹⚍ ⍑ᔑ⍊ᒷ リ𝙹 !¡𝙹∴ᒷ∷ 𝙹⍊ᒷ∷ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ∴ᔑℸ ̣ ᓵ⍑ᒷ∷ᓭ.'

'||𝙹⚍ ⍑ᔑ⍊ᒷ リ𝙹 !¡𝙹∴ᒷ∷ 𝙹⍊ᒷ∷ ⍑ᒷ∷ᒲ╎ℸ ̣ ᓵ∷ᔑ⎓ℸ ̣.'

'╎ ᓭ⚍⊣⊣ᒷᓭℸ ̣ ||𝙹⚍ ⊣╎⍊ᒷ ⚍!¡ ʖᒷ⎓𝙹∷ᒷ ||𝙹⚍ ʖᒷᓵ𝙹ᒲᒷ ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ リᒷ ̇/ℸ ̣ ᓭᔑᓵ∷╎⎓╎ᓵᒷ.' The watcher warned. 

'リᒷ⍊ᒷ∷.' Xisuma replied.

'Let's see about that... You will be the next sacrifice then. /||ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ, ꖌ╎ꖎꖎ ⍑╎ᒲ.' 

'No! Shashwammy!' Keralis yelled, trying to help, but hindered by Etho. 

'╎ ᓵᔑリ'ℸ ̣...'

'ꖌ╎ꖎꖎ ⍑╎ᒲ!' The watcher snarled. 

'╎... ╎... I can't kill my own brother!'

I like using galactic... it's a fun language...