Ch 8

A few weeks passed. Grian was relaxing in his mansion, surrounded by pesky birds. It was going well, and was getting really huge. He had full netherite gear, and no other incidents had happened, involving the symbol or not. 

Another figure flew into the oversized base, landing next to Grian. It was Doc, and he wasn't looking happy. 

'We need to talk.' He began simply. 'What is this?!'

Doc held up the mask with the symbol on it, disbelieving fury etched in every line of his creeper face. 

'Why did you steal my stuff?! Give it back! It's mine!'

'It's important to stopping whatever wants to kill us! How long have you known about it?'

'Since we discovered the symbol, but I...'

'And you didn't think to tell anyone?!'

'No! Because I knew you would blame me for everything again! I'm sick of you hating me! I haven't done anything!'

'Except keep an important clue hidden for no reason? You never saw how hard Xisuma was working to solve this case, and you just flew about your daily whatever it is you do, keeping secrets!'

'I'm not perfect!'

'I'm not stupid!' Doc hollered back. 'I knew you were working against us from the start! I knew you were a stupid little TRAITOR!'

'I'M NOT TO BLAME!' Grian screamed. 'THIS IS WHY I NEVER TOLD ANYONE ABOUT THE MASK! BECAUSE UNTRUSTING JERKS LIKE YOU WOULD BLAME ME FOR EVERYTHING!'

'I'M SORRY FOR WANTING TO PROTECT HERMITCRAFT!' Doc snarled sarcastically 'I'M SORRY THAT YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT US!'

'I CARE AS MUCH AS XISUMA DOES!'

'XISUMA'S HALF DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU!'

'YOU THINK I WOULD TRY TO KILL HIM?'

'DO YOU THINK I'M GULLIBLE? YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW THAT YOU CAUSED ALL OF THIS?'

'Who even told you about the mask?' Grian calmed down enough to ask. 

'Scar. We had a deal to share any information we found about you being to blame.'

'Scar would never do such a thing!'

'Well, Scar actually trusts me, so yeah, he did. Now shut up and stop being an immature idiot.'

'I'm not the one who's pointing fingers at the person they like least!'

'No. I'm the one who's having to look after a half-dead admin, and only wants the best for this server.'

'If you at least gave a CHANCE to prove my loyalty, then I would show everyone here that I would never let Hermitcraft be destroyed.'

'You're good at lying.'

'You're bad at judging people.'

'Oh yes, nothing says trustworthy than having a mask with the same deadly symbol on'

'Neither does being a threatening German cyborg creeper, but people believe you.'

'Go ask anyone else about what happened to me. At least I gave an honest story. 

'I lost my memory!'

'Oh yes, you 'lost your memory' And then you remembered all the important stuff.'

'Just SHUT UP,'

'NOT UNTIL YOU ACCEPT BEING A STINKING COWARD TRAITOR. I WOULD BE FINE IF YOU DIDN'T KEEP LYING TO EVERYONE!'

'I WISH I HAD NEVER COME HERE! I WISH I NEVER HAD THE DISPLEASURE OF MEETING YOU! I'D RATHER XISUMA DIED THAN HAVE YOU SAVE HIM! JUST GO AND JUMP INTO THE VOID!'

'FINE!'

Doc flew away, leaving Grian with a headache and a whole lot of anger. He sat down, murdering the parrot that brought over his favourite music disk. He slammed in into the duke box, and it began playing cheerily along. The builder didn't stay furious for long, and was soon grooving to the beat. 

More pesky birds came over, plus some chickens. The hermit began a whole feathery disco, playing all the best disks. A few hermit classics - such as Mumbo AFK and Pickles on the Seafloor - were played as well, and he sang all the lyrics confidently and optimistically. A parrot imitated him on the pesky bird section of More Doors, which sent him bursting into laughter. 

When 'dragon bros' came on, he did his 'best' Iskall impression. He was as happy as normal when Cub arrived, red eyed and in shock. 

'Grian.'

'Cub. Here to join in my disco?'

'No. It's about Doc.'

'Oh.'

'He said you had an argument. He told me everything.'

'Everything?'

'Yes. Especially the last bit.'

'I'm sorry?'

'And do you know where we met?'

'No.'

'The end. He was seriously upset about what you said.'

'I bet he was...'

A parrot landed on Cub's shoulder. The pharaoh broke the duke box. 

'This isn't time for music.'

'Sorry...'

'I wish it was alright.'

'What was Doc doing in the end?'

'Exactly what you told him to. We met on the end island, he explained the situation, and then he jumped into the void.'

'No...'

'Grian, because of you, Doc is Permadead'

>:)