Ch 6

Xisuma dreamt of a room behind the symbol. It was lit with torches and held all the answers he needed, plus a ton of diamonds and the new netherite. But even better was the return of his brother that was whispered in the air of the room. Promised so much that he could almost hear the joyful laughter and sly comments that came with Xamphe. 

When he woke up, he knew what he needed to do. He grabbed a pickaxe, pulled on his helmet, and flew silently down to the cave. It was the middle of the night and Hermitcraft was sleeping still. No one to stop Xisuma. 

The cave was dark, but the admin had torches to light it. The symbol was as forboding as before, maybe even more so in the flickering fire-light. He fingered the hard bedrock, everything telling him to return to his base, not to listen to dreams. 

But if he hadn't listened to dreams, he wouldn't be on Hermitcraft. 

On the first blow of the pick, nothing much happened except small cracks in the stone. By the fifth it was visible, but not falling still. It took long time to break a big enough hole, and the other side was not worth the effort. 

Xisuma climbed through the gap he's created, placing down torches in the dark cave beyond. All that was in it was a bit of iron ore and a few bats. The dream was a lie, and the cave was just a normal Minecraft cave. 

Except for the symbol. The symbol was new, different. And if it didn't lead to something, then pigs could fly. 

The admin continued down through the cave, remembering to light it up as he went along. He slew a few mobs that attacked him, regretting the decision and cursing the dream. 

Annoyed, Xisuma hit the wall with his pick. Cracks burst up like lightning, and were was a crumbling sound behind. 

The admin searched for what had fallen, terrified at the sight of his exit blocked. And if he tried to mine it, the entire roof would collapse. 

'Help!' He yelled into the dark, knowing that no one would respond. Knowing no one was there to help. 'HELP!'

Again, nothing. He typed something in chat, but everyone was sleeping. A couple of skeletons shot arrows. Xisuma killed them, but got an arrow to his shoulder first. A zombie and a creeper took their place. The former died quickly, but the latter kept trying to explode. It eventually did just that, blowing up and causing the other way to get blocked. Xisuma was stuck in the middle, between safety and the rest of the cave, trapped in a world where everyone was sleeping. Trapped in a place where no one would look. 

He tried to message chat again, sending hasty messages full of typos. If anyone was miraculously there, they wouldn't even understand what he'd put. 

'HELP ME!' The admin bellowed again. 'I'M STUCK IN A CAVE! THERE'S NO WAY OUT! SOMEONE! ETHO! KERALIS! ANYONE! HELP!'

All his plea for rescue caused was a sore throat. Xisuma sat down, hopeless. He would have to wait until someone noticed his message, come over, and find some way in that didn't end up in it all breaking into falling pieces of death. 

Before such a thing could happen, there was an ominous rumble. At first it seemed to be thunder, but there wasn't a storm. 

Another rumble, and the cave shifted down. Xisuma started horrified at it. 

There was nothing he could do. 

As the first small stones fell to the floor, the admin knew it was all over. The rest happened so fast he could barely process it. The cave collapsed, rocks trapping him.  

And everything turned black.

(Time skip brought by Scar dreaming of cats.)

The hermits noticed the cave's collapse quite quickly the next morning. Well, Keralis did and told everyone else to come over.

24 beings met outside it, including Jellie. Doc surveyed the damage, his eye flicking between the Hermits, seeing who was missing...

'Where's Xisuma?' He asked finally, scared for the Admin. 

'He wasn't at his base...' Etho replied, equally scared. 'I thought he was already here...'

'We should see if anything is stuck in the rubble.' Scar suggested. 

'Or anyone...'  Iskall said was everyone else was trying not to think. He started to move the rocks, joined by the others. Tango suggested using TNT. Even Impulse disagreed with the idea.

It was hard work, and it was only at noon that someone saw something that wasn't cobblestone. 

'There's someone in here... Oh crap, I think it's Xisuma...'

The swiftness of rock moving increased around the area until no one could doubt that their admin was there. But he was in a terrible state. Blood everywhere, torn clothes and his helmet was smashed. 

'There are messages in chat from him... 'Is anyone awake? I'm stuck in a cave.', 'someone help! There's no way out.'... 'please, anyone, I think the cave is going to collapse...' Oh my goodness... please tell me he's ok...' Mumbo murmured. 

Doc pulled the tattered body out of the carnage, helped by Iskall and Cleo. Once Xisuma was on solid ground, the German felt for a pulse. 

'Oh, thank goodness! He's alive! But he's running out of air...'

'How can he run out of...' Grian began.

'He's from the Void... he can't breathe our air. So he wears his helmet to give him some. His base is full of his own air, we need to bring him there,' Iskall explained. 'I don't want to think of Hermitcraft without X...'

'Then help me!' Doc snarled back. 'I'm the only one doing any work around here,'

'What would you like me to do?'

'Help me carry him back to his base.'

Iskall took his admin's legs, while Doc took the arms. Together they flew swiftly but carefully to Xisuma's base, leaving the others worried and wondering who would be next...