Episode 36

After confirming that Evelyn was indeed half-dead, Mxolisi drove out without notifying his braai mates. He arrived and parked outside Ndalo's place. He then sent her a text telling her that he's outside and waited. After a few minutes, she came out with just her cellphone in hand. He was standing against the car waiting for her.

"You smell nice", he admired as they hugged and he inhaled her fruity,feminine fragrance.
"Mh! You smell like vanilla...", he complemented and smooched on her neck. She laughed and lightly placed her hands on his waist.
"Let's go before somebody sees us"-Ndalo
Mxo understood and opened the door for her. He then went back home with her.

When they got there...
"Wait here so I can go check on grandy okay?", he said to her, referring to Evelyn. She nodded and he got out of the car. He found her still very much asleep and went to go get Ndalo. The guards rarely make a big deal of the boys bringing girls over. He walked to the back of the house holding her hand and went straight to where his day ones were seated. The speaker was still at work but they'd already eaten. Melo was having a cold one whereas Lwa was drinking apple juice.

"Are you sure we won't get into trouble?", Ndalo questioned while Mxo walked behind her with his hands around her tummy.
"Please relax", he softly said.
"San'bonani", Ndalo greeted the chilling duo.
"Sawubona nawe Mrs Bafo", Melo greeted back and Ndalo blushed. Lwandile simultaneously said "Heyy" warmly. Mxo led her to his chair so he could dish up for her.
"Mara kubo bonke abafana wa khetha ukuqoma le mbuzi?"
, Melo teased and they all laughed, including Mxo.
"Bhatata, don't start a war you won't be able to finish. Ngizokhipha amafile kuzonuka i-stametta nomsunu?"(I'll take out your files and it'll get ugly), Mxo threatened as he handed Ndalo the plate.
"Hayi yobe bafo. Ayidle izishiyele", Melo apologized while laughing. Ndalo turned down the food and said she already ate.
"Letha ngidle mina ngob intombyakho iguard ifigure"(Bring that here so I can eat. Your girlfriend is guarding her figure), Lwandile said and Mxo laughed as he handed him the plate. They all saw Manqoba approaching and Ndalo instantly wished she could teleport herself home and disappear.
"Aniwavalanga amafesterr, you did not feed the dogs and your parked the car outside knowing very well how your grandma feels about that nifuna ngithini ngempela?"(You didn't close your windows... what do you want me to say?), he reprimanded and all their eyes were looking for hiding spot. No reply.
"Sawubona?", he said to Ndalo.
"Hello", she greeted back meekly.
"Does your mother know that you're here?", he questioned. She slowly shook her head in shame. He just stared for a mini moment. He wasn't himself and whoever was occupying his body wasn't pleased.
"Angikuxoshi, I just don't want trouble. Otherwise, feel at home. Mxolisi, ngilandele"(follow me), he commanded and left.
"And then?", Lwandile questioned Manqoba's mood. Mxo shrugged and Melo watched him walk back to the house.
"I really don't know. All I know is you need to get your a** in there before he comes back and starts barking at us for hell knows what", Melo said to Mxo before he stood up and kept talking as his phone rang in his hand.
"Hello?", he answered it and walked away. Mxo sighed and stood up. He kissed Ndalo's cheek and told her he'll be back in a sec. She nodded.
"Jelly babies?", Lwandile offered with a smile and she laughed in a single breath, taking the yellow packet. She couldn't help but stare.
"There's no way you can tell us apart. Just saying", he said without raising his eyes from his screen and she laughed.
"I'll just rely on the tattoo on his arm", she stated. "And his bucket hat", she quickly added.
"Well I'll also go get both for the hell of it"
They both laughed.
"I'm joking. I'm Lwandile. Mxo is naturally rude so don't expect him to come back here and introduce you to us. That's Melo", he said and raised both his brows to 'point' at him talking on the phone at a distance.
"I know him. It's nice to meet you"
"Nice to meet you too doll!"

Mxo walked into Manqoba's open bedroom and his uncle came out of the bathroom wiping his wet hands with a towel. The flushing sound of the toilet was fading behind him.
"What's up?"- Mxo
Manqoba opened his drawers and took out a box of Durex condoms. Mxo laughed before he took it.
"Come on MQ I have these"
"Yey angisafun ukubona enye idrama la endlin. If you'll go all the way then don't make any babies"
"Haa..."
"Goodnight!", Manqoba said and pushed him out even when he was reluctant to walk out of the room. Manqoba ended up laughing.
"Phuma man Mxolisi"
"Okay okay ngiyaphuma manje", he promised and Manqoba stopped pushing him by his shoulders. Mxo turned around to face him again.
"Are you okay?", Mxo asked. Manqoba sighed.
"I'll be good boy"
"Sure?"
Manqoba smiled.
"Sure!"
Mxo left with his doubts and went back outside.