Episode 13

Mxolisi's phone rang as he was trying to finish up his assignment. An assignment which took four mountains and half a cliff of convincing from Lwandile for him to get started on.
"Sne?"
"I'm outside"
"It's half past eleven?"
"Just come out before I press this intercom"
Her voice struggled to stay afloat in a pool of tears. He took a deep breath and out.
"Ngiyeza"(I'm coming), he said and slipped his feet into his slides. He threw the phone on the bed, grabbed a hoodie and headed out.

He got into her car and pulled her into a hug.
"What's went wrong?", he asked with his hand at the back of her head. She was sobbing like a fresh widow. She didn't answer. All he could do is offer a shoulder. Literally.
When she finally got a grip on her calm, she pulled back and took out a pocket tissue to wipe her messed up face.
"Talk to me", he said and leaned back on the passenger seat, waiting for her to speak with her hand in his.
"Did he cheat on you again?", he investigated. She nodded.
"I honestly don't understand why you insist with being with this mongrel. He always does the same shxt. Over and over again. Sne you're a very beautiful girl. Almost every guy at school ukhala ngawe. Move the fxck on you'll find somebody who will love you better"
A smile spread to the corner of her lips and stretched them.
"You really think so?"
"It's not about what I think. It's a fact"
"I'm done with him this time. For good"
"I've heard that before. Not once. Not even twice"
"I mean it. I was really stupid for choosing him over you Mxo"
She confessed.
"The heart wants what it wants. You were my very first heartbreak you know that?", he said and huffed out a laugh.
"You also cheated on me with Judith don't act like a saint"
"I started dating her after I realized that something was indeed going on between you and Kagiso whereas you thought I didn't know!"
He shot out and she dropped her face.
"But we can still make it work. Can't we?", she tried to take his hand and he pulled it away.
"You can't choose another nxgga over me and expect me to take you back just cause he's treating you like trash? I loved you Sne. You know this because I couldn't hide it, even through my actions"
"Loved? That's past tense", she said wistfully and waited for him to correct her.
"Your understanding of basic grammar is impressive", he said without a drop of remorse. She scoffed in disbelief.
"I can't really say I blame you though. But I do have a question"
"Khuluma ngilalele"(Speak I'm listening)
"Were you using me?", she asked and insisted on making eye contact.
"Using you?"
"Yeah. All the times when you've slept with me?"
He laughed.
"Are you on crack?", he asked sarcastically and looked at her as if waiting for an answer.
"Just answer me, Mxo!"
"After we broke up, was there ever a point where we did it at your house?"
"No. Why are you asking me that?"
"Was there ever a point where I called you wanting to fxck?"
He interrogated and she kept quiet.
"The answers to both these questions is no. Know why? You were always the one to initiate things. The same way you arrived here now when I specifically told you that you shouldn't", he sternly stated and she frowned as the heartbreak gained momentum, signalled by the cold in her chest.
"You're forcing me to hurt you when I don't want to Sne", he went on.
"Cool then. We don't have to... things don't have to go back to how they were initially. We can keep them just the way they were"
"What do you mean?"
"No strings", she suggested desperately.
He folded his upper lip towards his nostrils thoughtfully then released it.
"That's not gonna work"
"Why? It's been working perfectly fine"
"Because you had a boyfriend. The only reason you want us to carry on with this is because you enjoy the privileges of having me as a boyfriend without actually having me as your boyfriend"
"I'll do better this time I promise"
"Oh no don't get it twisted baby girl. I'm just saying that even if we're just fxcking, I can never treat you like trash. I'll still handle you with care and that's what you're addicted to because Kagiso can't give you that. You went for a playa with your eyes wide open and now you want me to help you pick up the pieces?"
"You speak as if the both of yall are different!", she shot out with disgust.
"Yeah well we might be coming from the same factory but we were definitely not cut from the same cloth", he jabbed back.
"Why are you playing hard to get? You're turning me off"
"Whether you're on or uyacisha Sne please get this into your head, we can't be together anymore"
"What has that bxtch fed you Mxolisi?"
He threw his hands in the air, dropped them and exhaled.
"Judith is a basic bxtch compared to me uzobuya and by then I'd have found somebody else"
"Hopefully he treats you right. I have an assignment to finish before I go to bed. Drive safely okay?", he said and pulled her by her neck so he kisses her forehead.
"Mxo...", she lowly called out.