Stuck In Time - A One Direction FanFiction

Hello!

My name is Brielle, and this is my new FanFiction, Stuck In Time. I'm kind of excited about this one, as it is different from any of my others!

I just want to take this time to say, that I'm still developing my writing skills, and I only do this for fun, so please don't judge!!

Thanks, lovelies! :-*

Now, please enjoy!!

P.S. I will update my story as often as I can, so just keep on the lookout, or become a fan, to stay up-to-date on all my updates! Alright, that's it for now, I guess...

*************

Chapter 1:

(Jazz's POV)

I awoke with a start, and it took me a little bit of thinking to realize I wasn't home. The air smelled of saline and fresh paper. Why am I in a hospital bed? The door opened, and a tall woman walked in.

"Hey, Jasmine, how are you feeling?" she asked me. She had a long, white coat, and was wearing a blue shirt and pants underneath. She held a clipboard in her left arm, and in her right hand, she was holding a pen, prepared to write anything I said.

"Okay, I guess. What am I doing here?" I asked. I was more scared than anything else. What happened to me? I hope it's nothing serious.

"You were in an accident, dear," she said patiently. An accident?

"What happened?" I asked, eager to know more about what I wasn't remembering. The doctor was about to tell me, when the door opened.

"Mr and Mrs Hemmingsworth, I need you to wait outside," the doctor stood up, blocking my parents from my view. The door closed, and I heard protests outside from my mother, and the doctor sat back down. "Sorry, it's just procedure. Once we're done, you can see your parents. That okay?"

I nodded, and motioned for her to continue with whatever she was going to explain.

"Your school bus had crashed. The driver fell asleep at the wheel, and he crashed into an oncoming eighteen wheeler. There were only two who survived. You, and another boy. He's in another room, but has already begun improving. You have been in a coma for the past 2 months, my dear," she finished. It was a lot to take in, but I thought back, trying to remember the crash. Not much except for what I heard. Screaming. A lot of screaming. After more thinking, I realized it was me who was screaming. My own screams. Echoing in my head.

"Wow, so...I was lucky?" I tried to piece it together.

"Very. Nobody else survived except for you two. Do you remember anything about the crash?" she asked me, pulling her pen out, ready.

"Just screaming. Lots and lots of screaming. But I'll remember it better, right? You know, eventually?" I asked, hoping for a positive answer.

"You should, but should you have any complications remembering things before the crash, we may need to re-check for brain damage," the doctor explained. I thought again.

"I do remember before. I was wearing a purple sweater, and black leggings with black converse. My bag had spilled out on the sidewalk as I was running to catch the school bus. When I got there, the bus driver had almost left me. But, he let me on," I thought aloud, every detail still perfect in my mind. But the bus ride was a different story. No memory there.

"Very,,,good," the doctor mumbled as she jotted some notes down. "You can see your parents now."

Soon, my mum and dad were in the room, hugging me painfully tightly, yet lovingly.

"How do you feel, love?" my mum asked.

"Great. I actually want to go on a walk. Is that okay?" I asked, eager to walk around. Is this normal? My mother's face dropped from a grin to a frown. "What, I can't?"

"Hun, the doctor didn't tell you?" my dad asked me.

"Tell me what? What's going on?" I asked, the fear returning.

"You can't walk," he said simply. I looked at my legs. They were there, but I couldn't move them, no matter how hard I tried. I'm...paraplegic?

**********

Good so far? Tell me what you think, and I'm thinking I'll maybe upload another chapter soon.

What do you think of her name? Her nickname is Jazz, but her full name is Jasmine Hemmingsworth. (: Which boy do you think she'll be with? Comment!

I also need someone to design a cover, I'm terrible at doing that kind of stuff, so yes, please help me! Include the Title, a picture of a girl with curly hair and freckles in a wheelchair, and One Direction, please! Gracias! (SPANISH SKILLS!!!)

Much love! xxx

~ B ~