Chapter 7 (continued)

I am so so so so so so so sorry about that last chapter, I accidentally hit 'Publish' instead of 'Save' so this is the continuation of the previous chapter!

***********

Chapter 7 (Continued)

(Jazz's POV)

Harry and I began walking to his car, and the cold air hit me like a ton of bricks. He took off his jacket and placed it around me bare shoulders. I thanked him silently, and he understood. He smiled back.

"So, how have you been coping?" he asked me. I felt like I was about to choke.

"Pretty well. I'll have occasional flashbacks, and each time, a new piece of what happened comes back into memory. It's still hard to watch, though," I shuddered. He stopped walking, and grabbed both of my shoulders.

"Are you still afraid?" he asked me.

"No," I lied. Luckily, he believed me. I actually wasn't telling the truth before, too. Every night I had nightmares of the same thing. The crash. I was afraid to sleep at night. The only way I could get any sleep without thinking back to the crash was if I slept during the day. People always wondered why I took naps, but it was because I stayed up all night in fear that if I slipped into sleep, I would witness the same tragedy that was forming my future.

I was terrified of sleeping. It was as if I knew something bad was going to happen, so I used every ounce of my energy to avoid it. Harry held my hand, and he continued to push me to his car. He drove me home, and when we got to my front porch steps, he planted a quick kiss on my lips that lingered long after he had gone. I opened the door to reveal my mum and dad watching the telly.

"How was it, dear?" my mum asked.

"It was great. He's a really great guy, mum," I said simply.

"That's good. You tired?" she asked me.

"Nah," I lied. "Do you mind if I stay up a little?" I asked, lying. I was exhausted, so I went to the kitchen, and poured myself some tea. It was caffeinated, so I could stay up.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

My parents forced me to go to bed, even though I was wide awake. When I got to my room, I noticed I had an unread message from Niall.

From: The Niall River

How was your date with Harry?

To: The Niall River

We had a good time(: So what did you and the boys do all night without us? ;D

From: The Niall River

Not much. Shouldn't you be heading to bed?

To: The Niall River

I'm not tired. Are you going to stay up late?

From: The Niall River

Yeah maybe I'll do an all-nighter.

To: The Niall River

Mind if I join? :D

From: The Niall River

Of course! So how have you been...you know...with the whole accident business.

To: The Niall River

Ehh...I've been okay. Just the occasional flashback. Nothing too bad, really.

From: The Niall River

You're lying. Stop trying to hide it.

To: The Niall River