2. May Wilder's Kidnapping Part Two

Ember

"Let's kill this love! Rum, pum, pum, pum, pum."

I glared at Ian. "How does singing BlackPink explain what I'm doing in a bedroom I don't remember going to sleep in?"

Ian placed a hand on my shoulder, blonde hair falling over his hazel eyes as he leaned forward. "What does this place look like?" he asked.

I glanced around, taking in the large bed with weird horns hanging from the bedpost, the dresser with a pitch-black mirror (I kept expecting some monster to leapt out from it with claws raised), the chandeliers that had glowing dead flowers instead of light bulbs and most disturbing of all, the huge twin doors that no doubt led out of here but looked like they might lead you straight into hell as well. They were on fire.

I looked back at Ian. "Are we at the entrance to hell? Did we die and get sent here for our sins?"

Ian raised a brow. "What sins? I don't know what you were doing while no one was looking but I'm as pure as a saint."

"What about that time you turned that woman's bag into a snake because she said you were a crazy lunatic?" I asked.

"I was fixing her outdated fashion sense, leather was trending at the time."

I brushed his hand off. "Yup, we're in hell. Where's Satan? I want him to put us in different cells."

The door swung open. "There is no Satan and this isn't hell."

I watched Aster's brother walk into the room, his tan skin and dark shoulder-length curly hair standing out against his all-white attire. Which was a dress shirt, slacks and a headband that kept his bangs out of his eyes. "Hello, dove," he greeted me with a small smile.

"What am I doing here?" I asked. "Are you collecting on your debt? Couldn't you have waited until tomorrow?"

He gave me an appraising look. "What did you have planned?"

"Probably going to meet me," Ian said, plopping down on a nearby armchair I was surprised didn't have metal spikes protruding out of it.

I rolled my eyes. "I was going to read an Ann Rule book."

Ian snorted. "True crime again? You should've come looking for me, I'm more interesting than Ted Bundy."

"He sounds neglected," Arius observed. "I understand you've been avoiding him lately?"

Ian shot out of the chair, striding over to Arius in swift strides, eyes wide. "Not cool, dude! What part of this-is-just-between-us-guys did you not understand when I was talking to you?"

Arius blinked. "Everything?"

Ian face-palmed. "I'm never telling you anything ever again."

I shuffled my feet, suddenly uncomfortable. "You feel like I've been neglecting you?"

Ian gave Arius another glare before turning to me. "Not feel. You have been ignoring me. At first I didn't know the reason why, until I heard some werewolves gossiping about Kane proposing to you one day and then I can't call, text or even see you for two whole weeks and I don't know why-"

"Maybe she's outgrown you?" Arius interrupted.

Ian's side glance looked like he was considering murder, but luckily he didn't act on it, continuing on as if he hadn't heard Arius. "I know it has something to do with that douchebag. What- did he tell you to stay away from me?"

My eyebrows nearly reached my hairline. "Why would Kane say something like that?"

Ian ran a hand through his hair, posing with a sigh. "He feels threatened by my charm- I mean, who wouldn't be?"