Epilogue

EPILOGUE

EPILOGUE

The fight was over, the race against time had finished and everyone went to live their own lives. For Charles and Evie, this was preparing for the child that they had on the way. After nine months, baby Olivia was born and their cheeks started to hurt from how much they were smiling.

Mutants were now revealed to the world and hate crimes against children became the norm so to stop this the school was started up again. It took a year or two for it to pick up but children filtered through the halls once again. This time, Evie was involved heavily.

The women quit her job at the DOD, telling her superiors to 'eat shit' before she announced her leave. It was safe to say she enjoyed herself too much while doing this.

But four years later, after no word from Raven, Erik or Logan, Charles watched his wife and daughter playing in the large grassy area at the back of the house. A fond smile on his face as he watched his two best girls laughing.

Evie scooped up her daughter, spinning her around as Olivia laughed. The noise echoing all around the estate. The two girls stopped and looked at Charles. Olivia waved at her father enthusiastically which caused the man to chuckle but waved back.

Charles' wife grew a mischievous smile before whispering something into her daughter's ear. The little girl's blue eyes lit up and she nodded, looking to her mother. Evie placed a kiss on her forehead before putting her on the floor.

With in seconds of being placed on the floor, Olivia had bolted towards her father, something clutched in her small hands. The little girl stopped in front of her father who was on the concrete.

"Daddy, I need you to close your eyes real tight, kay?" Her child voice told her father. Charles raised his brows at her request.

"And why would I do that Olivia?" He asked her in a playful tone, trying to see what she had in her hand.

Olivia stood up straight, hiding her hands behind her back. "Because I asked you to!" The girl exclaimed loudly, closing her eyes as she pretended to be an adult.

Out of the corner of his eye, Charles saw Evie walking towards them, her expression practically begging him to go along with their daughter's little game. With a sigh, he smiled and stated, "Alright, alright."

The telepath closed his eyes, sitting up straight. He felt a small pressure around his head, his hair moving slightly. The small giggles from Olivia made him smile even though he had no idea what was happening. He heard Evie hum in agreement as Olivia laughed heartily.

"Okay you can open them!" His daughter sang.

Like he was instructed, Charles opened his eyes and looked upwards. There sat on his head was a messily made flower crown. "It's stunning Olivia." He told her which made the little girl beam with joy. "What flower is this?"

"It's a daisy!" Olivia told him, swinging her arms in excitement. "It's mummy's favourite."

A laugh escaped Evie's lips as she picked up her daughter and hugged her tightly. "Indeed it is you little munchkin." Giggles tumbled out of Olivia's mouth as her mother nuzzled her nose into her neck.

Olivia pulled away from Evie, looking at her with he bright blue eyes. "When's Scott getting here?" The girl asked quickly.

"Scott's not gonna be here for a few hours." Evie told her daughter truthfully, glancing over to Charles who nodded in confirmation. "However it is snack time, go see what food Hank has."

"Yay!" Olivia cheered as her mother let her down. The little girl went speeding into the house, her long hair flowing after her.

The two parents smiled as their eyes followed their little girl until she was out of their view. Charles looked back to his wife, admiring the fond look on her face. The brunette sensed his gaze on her and she sent him a confused look.

"You really are a good mother." Charles told her with a smile.

Evie scoffed and rolled her eyes. She knew that she had married a softy but she didn't know he was this soft. Overall, she wasn't against the soft side of Charles. "And you are a great father." She countered, sitting down on his lap.

There was a silence between the two, Evie rested her head on his shoulder, keeping it there as they enjoyed the fresh breeze that ran around them. "When we see Logan again, we need to thank him for putting us in that hotel room." The brunette spoke up with a playful smile.

"Oh please don't mention that to him." Charles spoke quickly, almost choking on his spit at her words.

The women pulled her head away from Charles' shoulder so that she could look at him. Love filled her eyes as she looked at him, gently brushing his hair with her hand.

"I love you Charles Xavier." She whispered as she lowered her head to his.

A smile overcame the telepath's lips as he whispered back, "And I love you Evie Xavier."

As the two brought their lips together, they couldn't imagine anything better then being in each other's arms.

Not edited