25 | The Final Showdown

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE : THE FINAL SHOWDOWN

1973

The plane was ready not even an hour later. So as Hank sat in the cock-pit, readying the flight so it would go as smoothly as possible, the rest of the group sat down. Evie rubbed her arm, the pain that she felt never dulling but was tolerable.

Ever since the incident, her arm went through good and bad days. Some days she couldn't do much with it because it hurt and other days she could move it with no problems. Today was one of the days that she could just about move it. The pain never subsiding but not bad enough that she had to stop it from moving.

Logan looked over to the couple, seeing them sat across from each other. Immediately, he noticed Charles rubbing his legs, obvious getting used to not using them again. "You alright?" The future man questioned in concern.

"Getting there." Charles answered truthfully, giving Logan a tense smile.

"Whatever happens today, I need you to promise me something." Logan lent forward, Charles nodding in understanding. "You looked into my mind and you've seen a lot of bad, but you've seen the good too. The X-Men. Promise me you'll find us. Use your power, bring us together. Guide us, lead us. Storm, Scott, Jean, Olivia. Remember those names. There's so many of us. We will need you, Professor."

Charles nodded slowly, remembering the words. "I'll do my best." He promised.

"Your best is enough, trust me." Logan smiled at the man, sitting back in his chair. A light chuckle came from Evie who sat silently. "What's so funny?" He asked her in confusion.

"It's just ... the more I think about it, the more I realise that I named the X-Men." Evie realised with a smile.

When they arrived at the White House, there was already queues of people standing outside. The group had managed to slip in somewhere so as they were going through the metal detectors, they were stopped.

"Can I see your invitations, please?" One of the guard's asked Charles who was sent through first.

"Yes, you may." Charles replied, placing his fingers to his head and using her powers. A proud smirk appeared on Evie's lips as she watched. "These two are with me." The man motioned to the two other men with him.

Evie looked to the guard, showing her badge. "DOD, here working extra security." She lied easily.

"Go ahead." The guard nodded. Hank grabbed the top of Charles' wheelchair and began to push him.

The brunette quickly scanned the area, not seeing a blue women with a gun anywhere. She didn't expect Raven to be out in the open but sometimes she just wanted the easy way out. As she was about to join Hank and Charles, she looked over her shoulder to see Logan glancing at the metal detector.