21 | Paris

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE : PARIS

Paris was supposed to be the city of love so why did Evie feel so alone?

The fact that everyone had fit into one car was incredible. However Evie hadn't trusted any of the men to drive so she was. Her glasses were firmly place on her face so cameras wouldn't notice her yet it didn't bother. When they arrived at the gate, Erik took care of the guards by slamming them against the walls before lifting the barrier.

Evie looked over the top of her glasses at the man. "So much for subtly." She stated as she drove forward.

"That was subtle." Erik responded, not sparing her a glance.

"Okay Mr Dramatic, sure it was." The brunette muttered sarcastically as she pulled into the large building.

The car was parked and they began to rush in. Evie and Logan leading the charge, the two most determined people that wanted to change the future. For the most part, the group was lucky as there weren't many guards around.

However when they founded a corner, a short women with glasses on noticed them and immediately tried to stop them. "Sorry you're not allowed here." She tried to tell them.

Evie pulled her jacket back, revealing her glass gun and DOD badge. "Try me." The brunette threatened before slipping past the speechless women.

They scaled the stairs at a fast pace, their movements growing quicker as it finally set in what they had to do. Stop Raven from killing Trask and suddenly the future would be better, right? That's when men started pilling into them, escaping one room.

As realisation hit her, Evie started pushing through the growing crowd, heading to the room at the end of the corridor. Once she got through it, she started running desperately. Because she was moving so quickly, her feet slid a little as she stopped at the entrance.

Raven was knelt there, gun pointed towards Trask. Evie's brown eyes widened as she took a step forward to stop it however someone else called out instead.

"Raven." Charles called out which made Raven freeze. Much to her suprise she saw Charles, Hank, Evie and Erik all standing together, looking at her. The wave of nostalgia that hit her made her lower her gun slightly.

Yet this moment was destroyed when Stryker - who was lead on the floor - pulled up a taser and shot it at her. The blue women began to shake in pain, her body falling onto the desk. Erik didn't waste his time and pulled the metal rods off the women and onto the attacker.

Evie watched as the tasered man began to reach for the gun beside him and she quickly acted. She kicked it away from him before kicking his face, knocking him out. That's when the brunette looked back to the scene. Seeing Erik with a gun in his hand.

"Erik?" Raven questioned in confusion as she started to hide behind her adoptive brother.

Charles looked just as scared as Raven but he looked more angry. "Erik, what are you doing?" He demanded to know.