06 | Code Names

CHAPTER SIX : CODE NAMES

"We should think of code names." Raven exclaimed, cutting through the small talking going on. "We're government agents now, we should have secret code names."

It actually didn't take long for Charles and Erik to assemble their mutant army. The CIA placed them in their own lounge room, a pinball table in the corner and a nice pair of sofas to match. It had been filled up pretty quickly which resulted in Evie, Alex and Sean grabbing chairs.

Even though the other mutants didn't realise it, Evie did. They were placed in a prison. Even though it didn't look like your stereotypical prison, the armed guards at the doors and reinforced glass as well as the bolted door definitely made them trapped. To say Evie was a little pissed was an understatement however she wasn't going to bring attention to it because she didn't want to ruin the good vibes.

"Not all government agents have code names, Raven." Evie replied as she slouched in her chair, her badge and gun on the table behind her.

Everyone had told each other their stories and they were all shocked to find out Evie was a CIA agent but they immediately gushed over it after it set it. It was nice, Evie finally felt like she belonged somewhere, like she didn't have to hide anymore.

"I want to be called Mystique." Raven announced as she sat up straight. The blonde had sat next to Hank who looked even more flustered then before. It amused Evie slightly.

"Damn!" Sean groaned in disappointment as he rested his elbows on his knees, leaning forward slightly. "I wanted to be called Mystique."

" Well, tough. I called it." Raven stated as she uncrossed her legs. Like feathers rolling, her skin shifted in colour. Suddenly Sean sat on the sofa instead of Raven. "And I'm way more mysterious than you." She said in his voice.

Everyone who hadn't seen her power jumped in shock, not expecting it. However, Evie simply laughed in astonishment. "Woah!" Alex exclaimed, his eyes wide as he lent back slightly.

Raven shifted back to her human form and looked to her new friend who was sat on the other sofa. "Darwin, what about you?"

"Well, Darwin's already a nickname, and, you know, sort of fits. Adapt to survive and all." Darwin chuckled lightly. He noticed all of their blank stares and rubbed his legs nervously. "Check this out." He stood up and walked over to the fish tank. Without hesitation, he placed his head under the water. After a few seconds, fins appeared on the side of his head.

Everyone's jaws dropped, all impressed with his mutation. They all began to clap and cheer for him which made him smile. "Thank you. Thank you. What about you?" He motioned to Sean as he walked past.

"I'm going to be..." Sean paused for a moment, thinking about what he wanted to be called. "Banshee."

"What do you want to be named after a wailing spirit?" Hank asked him in confusion.