chapter 10: 3 humble person

Somehow , Zhan sighed in relief after sending away his guests. He felt he was in pins and needles all the time. There is his cousin sister , as gentle as a spring , acted as if she knew him for a whole lifetime when in reality they rarely even seen each other. Then there is his cousin brother, who glared at people time to time as if they owed him billions of money. Then there is the exclusive guest, Yibo, who acted as if he was in another realm.

He laid down on his bed and recalled the sentences left by the three people.

"Glad to see you again, ah-xi...ah-zhan"

"Hmph. Jie , let's go. You, don't make trouble."

After Zhou Cheng glared him and Yibo enough , he left with xuan lu.

Not understanding what they meant, Zhan turned to Yibo. Now what's he going to say ?

"Stay away from Zhou Cheng."

When he heard Yibo say this , the hunch in his heart grew firmer. " Yibo, be honest. How did you guys know each other?"

He saw Yibo avoiding his gaze as he solemnly replied, "I didn't know them before."

He was lying.

Zhan could tell that. Otherwise, this man wouldn't have avoided his gaze. It doesn't matter if he doesn't want to tell him . He won't force yibo either.

It's just , he had a strange feeling when he saw the interaction between the three people. If anyone saw them , they'd say they met for the first time. But zhan isn't a fool, he saw the hostility between Zhou Cheng and Yibo and the warmth of Xuan Lu.

Zhan closed his eyes as he ran his fingers through his hair.

No, it's wrong. It's completely wrong.

He knows , he shouldn't think too much. But things concerning that person( Wyb) , he couldn't just not think it.

He always had the feeling that....

Their nostalgic gazes weren't meant for him. It felt like , they are seeing another person through him. The words of Xuan Lu , the warning of Zhou Cheng, the familiarity of Wang Yibo....it just felt a bit strange.

Maybe he's overthinking afterall.

Zhan yawned and closed his eyes to sleep.

The next few days , Zhan would receive at least 3 to 5 calls from Xuan Lu and Zhou Cheng, every day. Though Xuan Lu would chat with him , ask him about his daily life , Zhou Cheng, that rascal only knows how to say insulting words when he opens his mouth.

He and Yibo is as friendly as ever. They would sometimes eat 3 meals altogether when they weren't much busy.

On this day, Zhan had to go and accompany his professor to an important meeting. Afterall , he's the successor of his not so cute professor.

Before meeting , zhan sent a message to Yibo ," no need to wait for me."

3 seconds later , "where are you ?"

"Meeting , at xxxx xx private restaurant."

"Mhm."

Zhan shrugged off the sweet feeling and silent the phone as he followed his teacher. An waitress lead the way for them as they came across a closed door of the luxurious hotel.

"Zhan , a lot of old man and woman will be attending this meeting to discuss about the  new variety organisms, including business matters, if you don't understand , call me. They are famous professors and researchers. Don't make a fool of yourself, understand? Oh yes , like you , there might be many other young man and woman who'll accompany as assistants. So behave yourself."