Chapter 4 : Lan Wangji

Once upon a time, Five great clans emerged in the cultivation world. Every young cultivator's dream was to get into one of the sects and train with the adamant recourses.

Yunmeng Jiang sect once had two twin jades, they were righteous , heroic and hot blooded. Yunmeng sect's lotus pier was world famous just as the clan's reputation.

Gusu Lan sect was one of the greatest clan to be written down in history. They resides in cloud recesses. This clan also bore twin jades. And they are known for their strict 3,000 plus discipline rules.

LanLing Jin sect has always been looked up by people. They are known for their almost never-ending wealth , each one of them looked like the proud son of the heaven but their internal struggle had never been a secret.

QingShan Nie sect , in the hand of the great ruler, was prosperous. They are famous for their practice in blades and immense strength and had always been straightforward. The Nie brothers , however, couldn't be put in the same page. Only a few knew how deeply they loved one another.

Qishan Wen sect, their ambition had always been high. And because of this obsession, calamity fell into cultivation world one after another. With the leadership of Wen RouHan, Wen sect finally fell into demonic path.

Lan clan had a cold prince , he was able to snatch thousands of girls heart without even glancing at them. He was honoured by all . Who didn't know his glorious achievements? He was regarded 'HanGuang-Jun' by everyone. His name is Lan Zhan, courtesy name Lan Wangji.

But this man didn't have a heart made of steel , afterall. What nobody knew was that he had a sweetheart.

He met Young master Wei from Jiang Sect a long time ago and since then he couldn't forget about that person. That young master was none other than Wei ying , Wei Wuxian.

As they turned 16 , Lan wangji saw this person again. In the meantime, he heard not so less about the 'deeds' of wei wuxian.

They eventually became friends.

Before the peaceful moments could last a little longer, disaster came one after another.

Everyone's life became mess. Including the always calm Lan Wangji's.

Qishan Wen sect started the turmoil. Wei Ying falling into demonic path and everyone starting to doubt the glorious youth.
It would be a lie if Lan wangji said he truly believed that wei ying won't lose control.

Lan wangji once had a conversation with Wei ying at Qishan, nevernight.

"Wei ying. Let me help you." Yes, he promised to learn every bit of music that can calm and heal wei ying.

The other answered back, "Lan Zhan , if you don't believe me how can I help you?" The sound of Guqin had long lost effect on his body, so why bother making painstaking efforts to help him while going against clan rules ?

Lan wangji also remembers once wei ying asked a question, "Lan Zhan , what do you think of these people?" Pointed at the Wen prisoners. "Are they good or evil? Are they black or white?"

All in all, Lan wangji had wished for only one thing at that moment, he wanted to protect wei ying and hide him from this world. He still remembers the promise they made together at cloud recesses.

He knew what the other party did was just to fulfil his promise and stand upright , even if he had to go against the world.

To fulfil a promise he could pick up the flute and play till death.

These lasted till the night at Qishan, large clans were mourning for the Young master Jin's death. They hung the remaining Wen people's bodies.

The cultivators were drunk in greed and couldn't discern what's just and what's not.