Chapter 8: Cousins

Yibo ended up asking for a leave too. They both got up slowly. In the end, Zhan walked out of Yibo's apartment for the second time. Yibo just glanced at his back and didn't say anything, quietly searched for a appropriate shirt to change into.

While he was changing his shirt, Zhan stood infront of his door speechlessly. The door....he can't believe it was Yibo's doing and on top of that, he left it just like this , what if a thief sneaked in!?

He ran inside and checked all the drawers. He sighed in relief when he saw nothing went missing. Then he called the owners and informed them of this matter. Then he got himself a simple white t-shirt and a black trousers. He brushed his hair with his fingers and sprayed perfume.

Then he neatly folded Yibo's shirt and placed it inside the wardrobe, planning to wash it and return it later.

By the time he walked out, the carpenter stood in front of the door, measuring the length and width. Yibo also opened his door and walked out.

Yibo wore grey t shirt and black jeans. He looked good in anything. Zhan thought in his mind. Then he smiled and said,"Let's go."

The two walked side by side in the busy town. Though it's evening , it's still bustling. They found a good restaurant and went in. This restaurant has been designed combined with ancient and modern style. When you sit and dine, there will be musician to play soothing music. You would need to sit on your knees to eat , those who aren't well taught in these aspects, will end up walking crookedly after having a meal.

Zhan had always wanted to come here. It's also his first time. He wasn't surprised by Yibo's striking mannerism. After they had dinner , they strolled on the streets.

Who knows from where a boy would come and ask him to buy flowers. "Gege , Do you want to buy flower for your boyfriend?"

Seeing the boy misunderstand , Zhan felt embarrassed and hurried to correct him, "No ah, we are just friends."
As he finished speaking,  he felt even more embarrassed. Does it look more obvious this way ? He should have brushed the boy's comment aside.

He turned to Yibo and tried to explain with a deliberate careless remark, "well...that..you don't take it seriously ah???"

He saw Yibo gave him a side glance and walked past him to the boy. "Give me one."

When the boy left,  Zhan looked at Yibo's hand which held a red rose. He inwardly sighed, why didn't he correct the kid but brought one instead...

Zhan and Yibo started to walk side by side. Zhan involuntarily noticed how carefully he was pulling out the thorns with bare fingers. He couldn't help but mule over the thought of whom yibo will give this rose to. Though he had a thin expectation in his heart...

When they stopped before their apartment doors , ready to say goodbye, Yibo suddenly extended his arm which held the rose. Though one can't fathom what he was thinking, he was fairly nervous inside. In this case , he had never done this before.

Zhan suppressed the corner of his lips as he tilted his head and asked Yibo, " For me ?"

Yibo shifted his gaze as he replied affirmatively, "Mn."

Zhan took the rose and sniffed a little. Then he revealed a bright smile, "Thank you , Yibo."

Later, Yibo stared at Zhan's back as the other retreated. He placed a hand on his heart until the beating calmed down. His eyes affectionately dark.
That smile is the same as in the past , enough to drown him into the deepest ocean. But the thank you, that person would never be willing to say it bluntly like Zhan did. Only this made Yibo come back to reality.