Chapter 9: old faces

"I wasn't wrong. You still found him." The man said with a sneer.

Yibo spoke after a long time, "Jiang Wanyin. What do you want?  Kill him again?"

"Will you let me? Heh, Don't call me the way you did just now , if you want to make a fool of yourself then you're welcome to do so. Zhou Cheng , call me this."

Saying this Zhou Cheng left. Yibo closed the door and walked in with steady pace. If he had known, he would've brought his bitchen with him too.

He scanned around the living room but didn't see Zhan. Hearing sounds coming from kitchen , Yibo ignored Zhou Cheng and went to the kitchen. Only when he saw Zhan that he calmed down.

He's fine.

Zhan saw yibo and greeted him with a bright smile.
"Yibo you came. I was about to call you. Dinner is ready, wait a little bit."

Yibo looked at Zhan and replied with a 'mn'. Then his gaze fell on the young lady who held a spoon in her hand. The girl also saw him. She was shocked for a while and then smiled gently,  giving him a nod as a greeting.

Yibo held no hostility towards her , even respected her. So he also nodded back.

Zhan starred at both of them looking puzzled, "Ah...I forgot to introduce you..though it looks like you know each other...forget it. Yibo, this is my cousin sister, Xuan Lu. The one outside is my cousin brother , Zhou Cheng.  Lu jie this is...my friend Yibo."

Xuan Lu laughed and acted along with Zhan, "Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you." Yibo said awkwardly and left the kitchen. He didn't really want to be alone with that man. But left with no choice he could only ignore Zhou Cheng's presence and sit down.

"You don't seem even a bit of anxious. Oh right, I was a fool to think the honourable HanGuang-Jun would feel anxiety. "

If it was before,  Yibo wouldn't even move his gaze to look at this person but now, since Zhan himself is unaware,  making ruckus here will do nothing good. That's why he replied, "Don't beat around the Bush."

Zhou Cheng shrugged his shoulders as he fell limply on the sofa.  "Are you planning to stay here forever?"

Hearing no answer, Zhoucheng laughed. "The dignified Lan Wangji still can't distinguish right from wrong? What a joke."

Yibo drew a sharp breath , he didn't need to mind Zhou Cheng's words. It's true that he isn't from this world and he isn't even sure if he can live here forever. He also admits his selfish desire. Before , he just wanted to see a glimpse of Wei ying but looking at present , it's far from enough to please him. He really wanted to stay knowing the fact that he'll one day be no different from normal people with a balanced yang energy, in addition to that, he'd live with a broken cultivation body.

"You don't need to be concerned with my matter. Stay far away from Wei Ying if you don't want to die in an unknown world." This straightforward statement caught Zhou Cheng off guard. To think that , he would hear Lan wangji say this, he could hardly believe it.

"Who wants to get closed to him?" Zhou Cheng said angrily. "If not for shijie finding out about him , I'd not even care if this guy is him or not. That person died anyway , how can the deads be resurrected."

"Jiang Wanyin,  I suggest that you should shut up now before I lose control. "

Zhou Cheng sneered. Though he really wanted to act against Yibo , he's still self aware. He had to admit that , after a fierce battle , yibo had the biggest chance to get victory. So he shut himself up for a while , not forgetting to throw a glare at Yibo, who's attention is fixed on the door of the kitchen.

You don't need to look carefully to understand how his eyes were brimming with affection and maniac determination.

And like this, they never talked the whole time from start to finish. When zhan came out to set the table , he sensed the weird atmosphere between these two guys. Zhan has also seen his cousin's tamper and hoped so badly that this cousin of his didn't get into fight with Yibo for no reason.

"Let's eat, everyone."

After dinner, Xuan Lu and Zhan decided to do the dishes. Suddenly Zhou Cheng came to his side and asked a strange question, "How do you know that guy?" Again.

"Ah?" Zhan felt a bit confused but still answered, "he's my colleague. So I naturally know him."

Zhan didn't see the complicated gaze of Zhou Cheng because Xuan Lu called him from the other side.
"Ah-zhan , do you perhaps like him?" While asking this question she had a faint smile on her lips. She knew the answer already and she also believed that only HanGuang-Jun is suitable for her little brother. Only HanGuang-Jun can handle him, spoil him , treasure him.

It's also better that Zhan doesn't have any memory like they have. Ah-xian( wei ying / zhan) has suffered enough , remembering those painful memories will only torment him more.

Xuan Lu has no idea , why , all of a sudden they would open their eyes in this whole new world. Was there any purpose or that God took pity on their tragic fate?

She always had this regret,  she couldn't do anything to save her parents,  she couldn't do anything when her family...her two brothers slowly split apart , she couldn't do anything when Ah-xian slowly broke down , completely.  She wanted to see ah-Cheng,  ah-xian again . She wanted to tell ah-cheng to lead a good life and never blame ah-xian or be angry at him. She wanted to tell ah-xian , it was never his fault for what happened, its just fate playing with them and that she will always love him no matter what .

However,  Zhan didn't know what was going inside of Xuan Lu's head . When he heard the question,  he lowered his eyes and pressed his lips tightly together , not saying anything else.

Xuan Lu understood and stroked Zhan's Staltered face lovingly. She couldn't help feeling emotional, it's been so long since she touched this face again. The feeling of pain , love and regret once again poured out.

Seeing this Zhou Cheng looked away , his clenched fist says he's holding something in.

Then he heard his ah-jie say , " ah-xian , no matter what you do, shijie will never blame you . Shijie will always support you."

And just like this, zhan had five question marks floating above his head.

A/N : Ayyy, short update. I'm still thinking how they'll progress 😫