Chapter 8: Cousins

Start from the beginning

He sighed at himself and shook his head as he entered his room. Not bothering to turn on the lights , he sat crossed legged on the floor, spending the whole night cultivating as always.

These past few weeks , the students noticed that their young teacher Xiao had changed a little. He would look at his watch from time to time, sometimes he would smile to himself. During the 40 minutes class, he glanced at his watch 4 times, which was unusual. The students couldn't help but make hundreds of reasons inside their head.

It's been two weeks since that incident caused by Song Ziqi. Zhan figured out that his feelings towards a certain person getting more and more clear. He also felt less afraid of Ziqi suddenly appearing. Though he wasn't sure of Yibo's heart, he must not take this risk to confess on a whim and break their friendship. So he had always been clear what to show or what  to not to show.

After the classes ended , he went out, intending to head to the office room to make some drink to soothe his throat. But when he went out, he saw Yibo standing straight beside the classroom , holding a bottle of water.

If he was wearing a school uniform , people ought to think he was punished to stand outside. Zhan laughed and didn't ask much. He just took the bottle of water and whispered a "thank you".

One of the student who sat near the door patted his chest,  " I thought I would die. Surprisingly I'm still alive ! Did you see Teacher Wang!? "

"I can't believe it. When I saw him I thought....thought he would be a gentle and the type who's very popular with students-"

"A correction. He is by no means gentle. Didn't you see how expressionlessly he stares as we run laps after laps? How can such a handsome person with a devilish heart exist on earth?!"

"A friendly advice-Shut your mouth if you want to live."

"I can't believe it."

"Unbelievable."

"Indeed."

"By the way, guess what happened to teacher Xiao?" Just like that , the topic shifted towards another direction.

One of the girl said with an exaggerated bitter expression, "what else ? Only love can make people look like that ! Did you see the pink bubbles on his head? Did you see ?"

While the students were busy investigating their teacher's affairs, the two main culprit walked to the school gates.  Yibo can only leave at afternoon,  so Zhan had no choice but to go alone.

He thought of something and informed Yibo, "oh , Don't wait for me tonight. My cousins will be coming. So , maybe I won't be able to have dinner with you..."

Zhan felt a bit bitter but he didn't show it on the surface. But little did he know that the gentleman infront of him could read him like a sheet paper.

Yibo asked while narrowing his eyes," Cousins?"

Zhan nodded, confused , he stated, "yes. I also don't know why they wanted to visit me all of a sudden.  They were both living abroad, so we seldom had contact. But yesterday,  they called me abruptly,  telling me that they are coming to see me."

In fact, he was never close with his two cousin.

Yibo thought for a moment and reminded Zhan seriously , "If you have any trouble,  call me."

Zhan joked , " what? Are you my bodyguard or what ? I can't always bother you." And what would my cousins do with me anyway.

Bodyguard?

When Zhan finished speaking, Yibo fell into a thought.

"Alright, I'll be leaving first. If you return late , remember to knock on my door. My cousin sister is a chef." Zhan smiled and bid goodbye.

Yibo usually leaves school at afternoon but who knows what he did to stall for time. He returned home after evening. As planned he stood before Zhan's door and calmly without any expression knocked twice on the door. Afraid that Zhan wouldn't be able to hear it , he was careful enough to add another knock on the door.

He looked like he wasn't nervous,  so cool. But he didn't even realise that they have a thing called 'door bell' on the wall beside the door.

Unhurried footsteps sounded and the door opened. A familiar yet unfamiliar voice travelled it's way to Yibo, "who the fck is it that's so important! Why's it me that have to get up!"

Before Yibo could think it over, the door already opened fully with a man around the same age as him standing before him. When their eyes met, they both were stunned.

Neither of them spoke. Hearing the man's shout coming to stop, another female voice spoke from inside, "Ah-Cheng , who's it?"

Yibo and 'ah-Cheng' had started a starring fight. Whoever looks away is the loser. Yibo's gaze held nothing but sparks of rage. The man opposite him looked confused yet he still glared back arrogantly.

"You?"