Justified-Gundham Tanaka x Reader

Start from the beginning

Your boyfriend let out a sigh. "My Queen of Darkness."

You looked up to him. "I just don't think it's as cut and dry as you say it is, Gundham." You began. "Like, what if I was in danger and the only way to save me was to kill someone?"

"Clearly I would obliterate the fool who dares harm you." The breeder answered. "But it would still not justify my actions."

"You don't think there is any justified reason to kill?!" You said, exasperated. "Yes, killing is wrong and should be avoided, but there are a few times where I think it's acceptable. TeruTeru's trial being one of them!"

"Murder is murder no matter the reason, Y/N." Gundham said, his voice clearly agitated. "I am not saying there are not reasons where one could be pushed to slay another, but it will never be justified."

"What about killing a known murderer?! Or someone extremely dangerous?!" You asked him, your voice raising to the point a few of the others turned to look at the two of you. "Is killing someone like that not justified?!"

Gundham narrowed his eyes. "No, it is not." He said bluntly, almost glaring at you. "Killing a murderer does not reduce the amount of killers. The amount remains the same."

You clenched your fists, getting irritated. "Then what if I killed to protect you?!" You snapped out. "Would that be justified, or would I deserve death like TeruTeru?! Would me being executed be justified?!"

Something in Gundham seemed to snap. He glared directly at you. "Just because you kill for protection does not make it right, you damn fool!" Your eyes widened at that, and you heard a few gasps from the others. "If you truly look for any reason to commit a murder, then yes! Your death would be more than justified!"

The room was deathly quiet.

You looked at Gundham for a long time as tears filled your eyes. Gundham's face softened slightly as he realized what he had said. Before he could say anything, you turned and ran out of the restaurant, crying heavily.

Gundham watched you run out, guilt filling him. He hadn't meant any of what he said. Why did he say that?

"Dude..." He turned at the voice and saw Kazuichi looking at him, along with the rest of his companions on this island. "That was...so not cool."

"Yeah, I thought Mikan was a nasty pig shit, but what you just did was even worse than how that skank smells!" Hiyoko agreed.

"You should probably give her some space." Chiaki said to him. "Then after a little while you can apologize."

Gundham nodded. "Yes. That is...most likely the correct action to take." He stood from his seat and walked to the stairs. "I believe I will make my exit. Farewell, mortals." And with that, the breeder left through the hotel.

~~~

Gundham was unable to relax, even as he walked down the first island's beach. He felt completely terrible for what he had said. He had no right to get so upset, and should never had said such awful things.

After a while of worrying, he couldn't take anymore and made his way to your cottage. When he arrived, he knocked on your door. "My dark lady?" He called out to you. "I would like to formally apologize. It was very wrong of me to speak to you in such a manner." He waited for you to respond, but there was nothing. He knocked again, louder this time. "My dearest fallen angel? I understand your anger, but if you could please open the door..."

No answer again.

Gundham began to get really worried. "Y/N? Y/N, are you in there?!" He called desperately, attempting to open the door to no avail. After a third time with no answer, he bit the inside of his cheek and rushed off, beginning to search the entire island.