CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT
The Kyoshi Warrior

Azula was out on her ship, peering off into the distance, when she saw it. Hair, flowering through the wind. This was her ticket to finding the avatar once again. Her golden eyes darted to Kira and Ty Lee who were discussing gymnastics (Ty Lee offered to teach Kira, and Kira accepted her request). She then looked to Mai who was sharpening her knives. "Ladies, let's go get our mongoose lizards. I think I know how to find the avatar. An old method thanks to the avatar's bison being so poorly groomed." Azula smirked, catching the fur and showing them.

Getting upon the mongoose lizard, Kira held onto Azula. She looked beside her as they began to crawl. Mai and Ty Lee moved in sync with Azula. "Are we sure this isn't another ploy like last time?" Kira questioned, looking to Azula. Small flashbacks to the flying bison's hair in clumps along the river. It was disgusting, and in the end, it wasn't very helpful. In fact, it cost Kira a pretty bad headache. Though, it did help the night end with Azula and Kira kissing. Either way, Kira had mixed feeling about all this.

Still, Azula pushed on. She was stubborn and confident in all her choices. Even the wrong ones. "Yes, Kira, I am sure we have this under control. Don't worry your pretty little head about my decisions. I have this. I wouldn't purposely put you in danger. You should know that by now." The Fire Nation Princess confirmed as she rode off. It was then that she heard voices. Ones that weren't recognized as Ty Lee's, Mai's, or Kira's. "Looks like we found something ladies." Azula smirked as she rode into the forest. It was there that she saw the so-called Kyoshi Warriors.

Quickly, Azula went into action, knocking over a tree with her fire bending. This caused Appa and the girls to move frantically. They weren't prepared. Azula caught another clump of hair, examining it. "My, my, you're easy to find. It's really astounding that my brother hasn't captured you yet." Azula spoke with a smirk stitched onto her red lips. She always had to mention her brother and how she can do anything better than he could. Even she could capture the avatar's bison and fan girls before he could even attempt to. Azula found it very funny.

The bison growled loudly as the Kyoshi Warriors got into formation. Kira remembered reading that these girls studied the martial art ways of tessenjutsu. Quickly, they showed up shields, fans in their other hands as they readied themselves to fight if needed. "What do you want with us?" The leader of the girls asked. Kira actually found it amusing when she asked. Not many people actually cared in these battles. They just fought without question. However, these girls were ready to listen. It was a nice change of pace. Kira truly respected the Kyoshi Warriors.

Azula snorted looking over them. Her respect for the girls was completely opposite of Kira's. Not that Kira was surprised. Azula didn't really have a grasp on ancient martial art techniques. Nor did Azula find it fitting to study the history of the boy's past lives in order to capture him. "Who are you, the avatar's fan girls?" Azula questioned sarcastically. Ty Lee looked at Azula confused, thinking for a moment. "Oh, I get it! Good one, Azula." Ty Lee complimented, causing Kira to snicker. Azula only rolled her eyes as she stared at the Kyoshi Warriors. She was prepared to protect Kira if she needed.

Kira then decided to whisper into Azula's ear. She leaned forward, looking at the warriors in front of her. She didn't want to upset them. "Azula, these are Kyoshi Warriors. We need to be careful with them. They're very skilled." Kira reminded before situating herself again. She smiled sheepishly at the leader who just rolled her eyes. Kira was too awestruck about meeting the Kyoshi Warriors and she was just as oblivious as Ty Lee to notice. It was a trait that Azula didn't know if she admired. Though, she was sure she didn't. However, she found it cute.