CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR
Teammates

"We're deeply honored to have the Fire Lord's daughter at our humble circus." The ring master announced, glancing up at the princess while giving a short bow. "And, tell us if there is anything we can do to make the show more enjoyable."

Azula and Kira were seated in a box, two guards at their side. In front of them, a net for the acrobats. After the ringmaster finished welcoming Azula, she was finally able to respond. "I will." There was a devilish smirk on her face that unnerved Kira in many ways. Yet, she kept that to herself, breathing in deeply. She was just here to enjoy the show. To cheer on Ty Lee.

Looking up, Azula and Kira watched on, the ringmaster moving beside the thrown to take suggestions. "Incredible," she commented, staring up at Ty Lee. "Do you think she'll fall?" Azula questioned as she watched on.

The ringmaster grinned, looking at her. There was a lot of pride in his eyes for the girl doing stunts. "Of course not." He commented simply. He knew that Ty Lee had this in the bad. She's never fallen. She's full of poise and grace. She was magnificent at acrobats, and Kira was amazed at her work.

Azula turned to the ringmaster, smiling innocently. "Then, wouldn't it make it more interesting if you removed the net?" Azula asked, making Kira look away from Ty Lee. Her face held shock for the fire bender was trying to get the ringmaster to do. If Ty Lee did fall, she could quite possibly die. Kira looked back up at Ty Lee with fear in her blue eyes.

The ringmaster was equally shocked. The net was there for a safety precaution. While, yes, he had the upmost confidence in Ty Lee, this was just dangerous. "Uh, the thing is the performers-"

Azula cut him off quickly, nodding at him. "You're right, you're right. That's been done." Azula stated, looking back towards Ty Lee performing, causing the ringmaster to have a second of relief. "I know. Set the net on fire." Azula commanded, looking at the ringmaster with a smirk on her red painted lips. Kira held back a gasp, looking at Ty Lee, worried for her.

The ringmaster was hesitant and held worry in his eyes as well, but had to follow her orders. "Of course, Princess." He moved swiftly, setting the net on fire as Azula requested before returning to Azula's side. This pleased Azula, seeing the ringmaster follow her orders so easily.

"Brilliant. Just brillaint." Azula said, nodding happily as she looked at Ty Lee. Kira could see the fear, no matter the distance they were at, the engulfed Ty Lee. "Oh! What kind of dangerous animals do you have?"

The ringmaster put on a nervous smile, looking back towards the princess. "Well, our circus boasts the most exotic assortment-" He couldn't even finish.

Azula smirked with a nod. "Release them all!" She cheered watching elephants, tigerdillos, platypus bears, and more come out below Ty Lee. Kira felt like her heart was going to beat out of her chest in worry. Azula was acting absolutely insane. It scared her. It really freaked her out, watching Azula do this to her friend.

Soon, the show ended and Kira felt like she could breath as she and Azula went to Ty Lee's tent. "What an exquisite performance." She commented as Ty Lee looked at herself in the mirror. "I can't wait to see how you'll top yourself tomorrow." Azula stated with a smirk. Kira looked over at Ty Lee worriedly, not speaking. She still needed to catch her breath.

Ty Lee smiled softly before looking at Azula from the mirror. "I'm sorry, Azula, but there won't be a show tomorrow." Ty Lee said simply, removing her headband. "Really?" Azula let a brow slip up, pretending to act surprised. "The universe is giving me strong hints that it's time for a career change. I want to join you on your mission." Ty Lee hung up the headband as Azula smirked.