SHORT BLURB

A/N: Thanks for helping this get to
#4 in Azula tags! I feel amazing!!!

THE TALE OF AZULA AND KIRA
(Set in Tales of Ba Sing Se.)

Kira sat in her room as she brushed her dark brown hair. She sighed as she let her light blue eyes fall into her lap. She didn't even notice Azula come in until she heard her voice. "Kira, what's wrong?" Kira didn't even notice she was crying until Azula lifted her chin and began wiping away her tears. Kira smirked, looking at Azula. How does she tell the Fire Nation Princess that she is homesick?

Kira missed seeing her family and other water benders. However, the only thing she truly remembered was the stories Fire Lord Ozai told her. One story, she was handpicked from the Southern Water Tribe. Another story, she was found on a boat and Ursa wouldn't let Ozai get rid of her. "I want to know my real story. Your father told me two. I just want to know why I am here." She whispered, looking away shamefully. "I miss home. I miss the cold. I can only remember the cold." Kira couldn't face Azula. Not after that confession.

However, Azula gently pulled her up, leading her to sit on the bed. "He told me the same thing. Two stories. I never questioned it because I didn't care. Mainly because the story I truly believed was the one I told myself. Fate is what brought you to me. Fate brought a water bender to a fire bender. Somehow, you earned my father's respect. Fate is what is keeping us together now. Fate called you to me because we're soulmates." Azula spoke carefully, making sure to be as honest as possible. She wanted to be open with Kira like she was with her.

Kira looked up at Azula with a new set of tears in her eyes. It took Azula back and she almost reconsidered her words, but she did not regret them. She was surprised to feel Kira's lips connect to hers. Her golden eyes were wide before she melted into the kiss. Her hand delicately went to cup Kira's cheeks as they pulled away from each other. "I love you." Kira whispered, looking at Azula nervously. She was anxious for a response. She felt her heart beat rapidly as she tried to read Azula's expression.

Azula smiled at Kira before kissing her softly again. It was quick and gentle, assuring Kira that everything would be okay. "Don't be nervous, my little turtleduck." Azula said, giving her the same nickname Ursa used to call Kira when she was little. That resulted in Azula, as a child, calling Kira turtleduck, too. "I love you too." She confirmed, taking Kira's hand. Azula did love her. More than anything. Nothing mattered more to Azula than Kira. Except maybe power. Power was probably Azula's biggest love. It's what she longed for and desired. It's what she wanted more than anything.

To become FIRELORD AZULA.

———

HAIKU - FOR AZULA
by Kira

My cherry blossom
You have the key to my heart
Now until forever

———

THANK  YOU  FOR  READING
THIS SHORT BLURB!!! YOUR
NORMAL CHAPTERS  ARE IN
THE WORKS!!!