No Lilah From Victoria's point of view

Something about Delilah seems really odd. I mean, she's really pretty, she's really nice but she's really odd. Non of us in Robertson High could go through all morning without having something to eat since breakfast. So how could she? Right? She can't have any eating disorders because she's skinny, but not that skinny. If that makes sense. My dad came to pick me up at the start of Home Economics, which was kinda disappointing since we were making pizza and I was starving. Even though I ate like a few minutes ago. See what I mean?
'Dad?' I ask, struggling to carry all my books at once. He's walking far ahead of me and speaking on the phone.
'Dad!' I say a little louder, hoping I'd grab his attention.
'Yeah, hold on a minute, what Victoria?' He says, holding his other hand on the speaker of the phone.
'Dad, what's going on?' I ask, finally getting the hang of holding my own books, and not someone else holding them for me.
'Work.' He says in a monotone, immediately going back to his phone.
I seat in the back, not wanting to have to accidentally take a peek at his work documents. How could I forget what happened last time?
He sighs and looks up in the rear view mirror.
'I'll explain what's going on when we get home.' He says. Right, home. Yay.