Should Hope So Lilah

I could feel their eyes boring into my back as I made my way across the training centre floor. I think they heard about what happened to me. Which was not my fault. But it seemed like everyone had an explanation to what really happened that day- except for me. I maintained a steady pace, I wasn't going to give them reason to ridicule me. I was strong. It wasn't right to say it but I knew that I was much much better than all of them. So what if I wasn't the first e-bot to stray away from the unwanted path that I was forced to be led?I was the first one that said no- and soon, they all followed. They had nothing on me. Absolutely nothing. I kept walking as confidence gradually returned back into my stride, only to be frightened out of my skin by somebody pulling me. As I looked up I felt a smirk against my skin.

'Trance what are you doing here? Do you know what happened, can you explain it to m-'

'No, I can't.'

He bluntly says.

'Then why are you here? What do you want from me?' I ask him.

He smirks again, revealing those perfectly white teeth that DANSA had created for him.

'I'm here to give you what YOU want.'

'How would you know what I want?' I ask, tired of his arrogant demeanour.

'You want to know the answer to who hurt you the other day. It's as simple as this. Me.'

Shock and anger filled me. How could this be? And why would he just admit it like that?

'But somebody told me to.'

'So you just did.'

'Yeah, pretty much.'

I rolled my eyes as if on cue. His story just didn't add up. It seemed like he was trying to get me NOT to believe him on purpose. And the funny thing is, I think he was.

'Trance either tell me the truth or get out of my face. Something sick is going on here. Something that could ruin the whole of Zatinum and the whole of New York itself, so unless you want one hand to the cheek, I suggest you shift.'

'Damn, go Lilah!' He teased. 'But if I really was just messing with you, how did I know you were attacked.

Yeah, he had a point.

'I don't know; but I'm not letting you get in my way. I have a feeling Zatinum and DANSA are going to go to war soon.' I admitted.

'Yeah and you're probably going to be the cause of it. You're the reason for this, Lilah. All of this. By the way, I'm sorry about what happened to your friends, you know, the ones you were with before you came here.'

My heart immediately sank all the way to the bottoms of the hideous shoes they gave me.

'What happened to them?' I managed to whisper out.

And there you go, he smirked again.

'Trust me Delilah, you do NOT want to know.'

And with those nine words, he walked away, leaving me on my own. Again.