Run For Your Life Lilah

The cold hard ground makes my feet go cold. I'm doing it. I'm running. This is the first time my feet will have touched the ground. They've kept me in a cell all my life: seventeen years. You might want to know why I'm running, or who I am. Or more specifically, what I am. My name is, well, I don't have a name. Not yet. They call me Lilah. Model seventeen, type : interrupted e-bot. Yeah, I'm a robot. An interrupted e-bot is a robot that had..diverted from the path that they were set for. I'm the first one. I'm the first robot to be interrupted and to gain feelings, to gain the normal human emotions and actually think like a real person. That's why they were going to throw me away, and that's why I had to run. Where, I'm going to go, I have no idea but it depends on me. It depends on my destiny...

I run up to the top of the hill and look behind me. The institution is far away now, but I can still see it from here. I run again, hoping that my legs will carry me beyond Hopeful Valley, beyond this hell that turned me into what I was: a machine. It was a constant reminder of what I am, what I was brought to be and all that I am not. I sigh and sit down on the soft grass. I look up at the sky. It looks as if there'll be rain and there probably will be, it rains a lot in this place. I envy the humans, hope in their eyes, bounce in their hair, joy in their steps. But I'll never be able to be like them, I'll never be able to see the world through their eyes, only my glass ones, I'll never be able to develop intelligence one step at a time, only at once, and I'll never be able to experience love. True love. Only hate, and the hatred that the world brings with it. I'll never be a human. No matter how sad or emotional I sound. Delilah. I like that name, I think it suits me. I feel liquid oozing through me ,running through my veins and entering my artificial hearts. They tried to make us like humans but they can't. I jog slowly, to a tree huge enough to be able to shade me from the skies' water. I sit on the ground, beneath the tree, hands hugging my knees, hair behind my back. I know who I am now. But most importantly, what I am. I have blood. In my veins, in my eyes and in my head. But I am not human. I am her. I am that girl. No surname. No middle name. I am Delilah.