Chapter - 17 : Confessions

'I will always protect her with all my might. I know, I have hurt her the most when she does not even know why I was playing dirty games around her maligning her character. I am her culprit but still she trusted me with her life. She must be thinking our moment from last night was accidental it was just we both lost in the pool of passion for each other, but this is not totally true. I have intentionally asked that maid to send her up on the terrace. Yes, I know whatever happened between me and her was totally unexpected and unplanned, I never wanted to cross my limits but when I looked in her eyes as usual, I lost my all senses. And she also responded equally melting in my arms. But still, I need to confess my deeds to her before I start this relation with her, then let her decide what she wants to do. Today because of me she had to face everyone's wrath, there are tears in her eyes. But this is the last time when she is facing all these blames. From this moment onwards, I will be her shield, whatever the situation comes in our life, I will be the one who will face it, safeguarding her from any unforeseen events. I will never leave her hand in any circumstances. Her happiness, her security, her smile, her choice would be my priority. I will secure her happiness even if it counts my own life.' Sanskar had promised himself in his mind while taking the seven rounds around the holy fire.

Swara took deep breath while stepping down from mandap post completion of all rituals which changed her identity as Mrs. Swara Sanskar Maheshwari. She looked at her father who was smiling at her moist eyes.

Newly married couple took blessings from everyone. Sujata kissed Swara's forehead whereas Ram kept his palm on her forehead.

"Bhabhi" Uttara beamed and hugged Swara with bright smile. Samaira also joined them for girl's hug.

Neil hugged his best friend "Congratulations Sanskar", he continued breaking his hug with his best friend and looking at the bride, "Congratulations Swara. I wish you both have a great married life."

Swara and Sanskar shared quick eye lock and nod their heads passing tight artificial smile.

As instructed by Panditji, Swara and Sanskar were taken to house temple for taking blessings from Kanhaji.

'Please forgive me Kanhaji, I have somewhat forced Swara for this marriage by manipulating her thoughts. But I had promised Reva that I will take care of her as my daughter. In absence of Reva it is my responsibility to protect my child. I know, I can sense Swara and Sanskar are uncomfortable with each other, this marriage does not look like normal love marriage. But then what is it? They share something. Hey Kanhaji, you only know what you have stored in their fate. With Swara, I can only trust my Sanskar. I know him, he will take time, but he will surely be the best life partner for her, I have raised him to be like that only. He will care for her the most, love her beyond any limits, he will shield her from any harm. Reva, wherever you are, please bless our children. The dream which you and I saw on the day of Swara's birth is fulfilled now. And please come back to us soon. We all want you to be back to be part of this happiness. This happiness is incomplete without you my best friend.' Sujata felt stream of tears on her cheeks while confessing her thoughts in front of Kanhaji's idol joining her hands.

Miles away, one lady opened her gloomy eyes mumbling "Shona." Anyone hearing her soft mumble would have awestruck listening her pale yet melodious voice. A lady was resting on the armchair inside a dark room illuminated with small night lamp. She had strange appearance, almost as if it was contrived. She was wearing light simple yellow cotton Punjabi suit. Her long hairs were wizened and straw-like, nearly fossilized, it was so dry. Though her face was toilworn and tanned but she had features which would have been enough to skip anyone's heartbeat at first glance when she was at her young age.

She caressed the hairs of the doll looking blankly at her face, her eyes were not focused but move randomly caressing features of the doll. She clutched the doll's petit figure over her chest as her life dependent on that piece of vinyl. There were no emotions on her face, she looked at the doll again and mumbled "Shona" with blank stare. She rested her head on back of armchair 's staring at ceiling with void gaze, she herself did not realize when sleep engulfed her.