Chapter - 40 : Betrayed and Broken

"Roger, how much more time it will take?" Sanskar asked being impatient. He was still in study room observing Roger and one man working on developing camera film roll.

"Sir, it's almost done... 10 minutes more." Roger replied professionally.

"Ok... once done, get the pictures on screen" Sanskar instructed moving back to couch to join Neil and Niren.

"SWASAN" Sujata whimpered in between her sobs and continued remembering old days with her best friend, "Nandini, how could I forget it? Reva always used to join Swara and Sanskar's name. How could I have missed it? If I would have remembered this one earlier, we could have saved Reva long back. It's all my fault." Sujata cover her face with her both palms.

"Sujata control yourself" Nandini made her failed attempt to console Sujata once again. She patted Sujata's back but her eyes were also filled with tears.

From the moment Sujata had got to know about the password of the cryptex was 'SWASAN', she was crying blaming herself.

Swara, Nandini and Samaira were trying their best to console her.

"I am sorry Swara, this is all happening because of me. Because of me only you had to face all this. I am sorry beta." Sujata cupped Swara's face crying bitterly.

"Mom please... please don't blame yourself. You are the best thing ever happened in my life" Swara comforted while hugging her.

Swara's assured words helped Sujata to gain her composure. Swara passed helpless look to her father-in-law. They all were sitting at family room waiting for the mystery to unfold after two decades.

"Sir its ready" Roger came towards Sanskar announcing which broke their detailed discussion.

"Great" Neil screeched fisting his fingers while getting up from his seat following Sanskar who moved in front of 65 inches TV.

"I will call others" Niren mentioned leaving study room.

Sanskar narrowed his eyes looking at the picture on TV. Picture had two men standing in front of each other discussing something. It was a picture taken at nighttime. It was clear that photo was taken from hiding behind bushes. He could easily recognise the one person but other he scrunched his eyebrows.

"He is Siddhant Uncle but who is the other one? Sanskar do you know?" Neil asked not moving his eyes from photos.

"Nope... I have never seen him anytime in my life" Sanskar shook his head. He stressed his mind to remember about the person standing next to Siddhant.

"Roger next picture" Neil ordered.

Roger swiped the screen and next picture was showing again two same people, but the difference, there was cash bundle in their hands.

"And why Sid Uncle is giving cash to this person?" Neil raised his hand being confused.

"I have no idea... but look over there. There is some timestamp." Sanskar scrunched his eyes at the right most corner of the photo's bottom, "Roger zoom over there."

"Sanskar what is there in pictures?" Ram entered followed by rest everyone.

"Dad do you know this person?" Sanskar asked giving a space to his father to see picture on TV.

"I...I...don't... He looks familiar... I have seen him somewhere" Ram tried to put pressure on his memory.

"Ram how could you forget this. This is the same person who was responsible for Divya's accident. The truck driver." Dev recalled and exclaimed being dumbfound; he was the one who had fought the case in court.