Chapter - 36 : Amending Relations

Ram raised his hand to slap his son which was stopped by Dev.

"Ram stop it" Anurag yelled from his place.

"Ram what are you doing?" Dev held his hand saving Sanskar from his father's wrath.

"Uncle please no" Neil and Rohan shouted at the same time.

Swara and Sujata had closed their eyes tightly.

"And you please stop blaming yourself for Aunty's condition. Her condition is not because of the accident. Because of accident she got minor wounds and bruises. Her condition is because of blood loss due gun shots and drugs consumption for long period" Rohan came in between Ram and Sanskar. His eyes were blazing with fire. He could not see his best friend blaming himself for the crime which he had not done. "In fact, because of you she is alive today. We would have lost her long back if you were not there."

"What do you mean?" Anurag asked in horrified. His mind processed only two words 'gun shots' and 'drugs.'

Rohan's revelation earned loud gasped from everyone.

"Gun shots?" Ram could barely mumbled.

"Drugs. Rohan are you in your senses? Do you even know what you are talking about and mostly about whom you are talking about?" Dev could not believe.

"Yes Uncle, I am very much aware about what I am talking about. When we found Reva Aunty, she was shot two times on her chest." Rohan started explaining details about those days.

"Ram Uncle, it's because of Sanskar only. Reva Aunty is with us. She is alive. He took care of her like his own mother. When she was out of coma, she slipped in deep depression and faced nervous breakdown. She was engulfed with constant fear and anxieties. Even today, she only responds to his voice. She never talked with any of us, but with Sanskar... she is more relaxed and comfortable. Only his voice soothe, her when she gets panic attack. He is the only one with whom she talks though it's just one word. She only allows him to touch her doll, nobody else. It was because of him she has started recovering." Rohan explained defending Sanskar.

"He is right Uncle. Best Neuro specialist from US worked on her case when she was in coma. Specialist regularly visits this hospital on insistence of Sanskar. He had brought the best psychiatrists from all over the world just for her in these years. In my entire life, I have never seen, Sanskar going on his knees without a single thought but with Aunty he does it every time. You should have seen their bond. It is beyond explanations" Neil seconded.

"Yes, Uncle this is all true...just for Aunty's safety we hid her." Rohan seconded.

"That time we did not know her true identity. We thought she is someone residing in nearby area. We hid her as we didn't want to take risk on her life... someone was already behind her life." Neil gave clear picture of their mindset.

Sanskar was still standing in front of everyone but staring at Swara. She was looking in his eyes. Her husband was protector of her mother.

"Sorry" he mouthed without making any noise.

Swara shook her head in negative, blinking assuredly showing her trust on him.

His lips stretched in small smile looking at her trust. Their trance was broken due to Anurag's wet voice.

"Sanskar, what should I say to you... I owe my entire life to you Beta... You took care of my Reva. You protected her over these years. You.. you gave me my life back. Thank you would be very small word for what you have done for me. Not only you Sanskar but you both as well Rohan... Neil. I ... Thank you so much" Anurag broke down.