iKON

🍼little Chanwoo

Chanwoo doesn't know why he is terrified of storms. It is just really terrifying him. The black clouds forming in the sky, the tension in the air and loud thunders with lightnings crossing the sky. Chanwoo is always so scared.

His daddy is fast asleep and doesn't care that a storm is raging outside, but Chanwoo isn't so lucky. The first thunder which was quite far from their apartment woke him up and now he is sitting on his bed and shivers underneath his warm fleece blanket. He doesn't want to wake his daddy up because he works hard and needs to get sleep. So what should he do?

His diaper is already soaked with urine and sucking on a pacifier isn't helping with calming his fear down. Chanwoo is tightly hugging his stuffed white bear and prays that the storm is going to leave soon. However, his wish can't be fulfilled because the storm decided to stop above Seoul and shows its power. After a while Chanwoo has had enough and peeks out from under the blanket. He can't survive the terrible storm anymore and got up. He holds the blanket wrapped around his body and runs in his daddy's bedroom.

The bedroom is dark, his daddy is brave and doesn't need a night light. Chanwoo hesitantly steps into the room and watches the unmoving lump on the bed.

"Daddy ...?"

Chanwoo jumps when another lightning strikes and he pees in his diaper again.

"Daddy?!"

Chanwoo runs to the bed and poor Yunhyeong wakes up, scared that his baby got hurt. Yunhyeong hugs his baby and quickly turns the lamp next to his bed on. He sees no blood on his baby boy so he calms down a bit and finally realized that a thunderstorm is raging outside.

"Ohh baby, I am so sorry."

Yunhyeong feels bad that he didn't wake up earlier to soothe his baby and now rubs his back to calm him down. Chanwoo is crying and hides his face in the crook of his daddy's neck. This is the only place where he can feel safe. He is sure his daddy will protect him no matter what. The storm outside is really ugly and big raindrops start hitting the windows of their apartment. Yunhyeong keeps kissing his baby's face and strokes his hair and back. He hopes that Chanwoo will calm down soon, he is shaking like a leaf and snots mixed with tears are staining Yunhyeong T-shirt but he doesn't mind it. The main thing is if his baby feels better.

It looks like he is calming down, Yunhyeong's soft touches and silent reassuring that everything is okay are slowly working and Yunhyeong slowly pulls Chanwoo away. He needs to change his diaper before he will get a rash. Yunhyeong has clean diapers and wet wipes in almost every room so he doesn't need to go far to grab a diaper and a package of wet wipes. He takes the wet diaper off and rolls it up so the urine won't stain anything and then cleans his baby. Chanwoo shivers a bit because the wipes are a bit cold. They have wet wipes warmer, but it is in Chanwoo's room so now he needs to suffer through the cleaning with cold wipes. Soon he is clean and Yunhyeong fastened a clean diaper around his hips. Chanwoo smiles a bit because everything is better when the cold material isn't pressing to his bum. Yunhyeong pats his back and picks him up. He placed Chanwoo on his hip and the little's legs are dangling in the air.

Yunhyeong carries him in the kitchen and the caregiver opened the fridge. There is already a row of bottles full of milk, all he has to do is to put it in the bottle warmer. The milk is warm in the matter of seconds and Yunhyeong takes the bottle. It isn't too hot, so Chanwoo can drink it right now. His lips wrapped around the rubber nipple and he starts to suck while his daddy carries him back in the bedroom. The storm outside isn't so scary when Chanwoo has his warm milk and daddy is holding him in his lap. The soft light coming from the lamp is also helping and Chanwoo sighs while the milk slowly flows in his tummy. Yunhyeong is still stroking his back and occasionally kisses his cheeks or head. Chanwoo slowly lets go of the bottle which is still half full and closes his eyes. Yunhyeong yawns and lay down. He keeps his little one close to his side and covers them with a blanket. The storm is finally leaving Seoul and Yunhyeong closes his eyes. He can feel that Chanwoo is falling asleep and he is glad his baby calmed down so they can get more sleep until Yunhyeong needs to get up.