"And your step brother, we found his body in a car." 

"He even pointed a gun at me, the one he claimed he loved. He wanted to buy me from Kayn, he told me he was the client." 

Cane's eyes widened, his lips parting in shock. "He was?"

I nodded, "He treated me great but he wanted to erase everything logical and turn the world upside down. You would've never had killed Harry, he would always escape, he would always find a way out, he is not someone you can have control of. I was the only one who could do that. I had to take revenge for the families he killed, for the hurt he caused me, for the hurt he caused to his own men that protected me. I did the world a favor. I killed the man I love in order to save thousands of lives, knowing that my own is at risk." I smirked as I thought back to the day he proposed to me. "If I had agreed with him... God show mercy on all of you..."

Tears formed in his eyes in awe and shock as I spoke, a hand clasped over his mouth. He shook his head gently, "Rosalia, that's - that's just-,"

"I don't want to hear it, Cane. I'm still going to prison for doing what you never managed to do." I grumbled, shrugging right after, "But who am I to judge...I killed people for a reason, that doesn't change the fact that I'm a murderer, too."

He stood up suddenly, giving me a devastating look that actually made my heart shake, "I'll try speak to the gorvenor."

I shrugged, unbothered to hope for something good from all of this. He left the room, leaving me with my own dark thoughts and memories. Time passed fast, I barely slept during the night, the half destroyed ceiling above me being my only company. I didn't have to look around me to know that every prisoner stood by the bars of their cells to have a look at me. When my guard came to lock my cell, it feld odd. Stephen wasn't here anymore and despite being completely annoyed by his presence, I missed his cruel remarks. The hard mattress felt like stone when I lied down. Despite the circumstances, I didn't feel bothered at all. Nor sad. Nor depressed. My freedom would've never been given to me the way I wanted to.

Logan came by my cell during the night to check up on me. He look devastated, at a loss of words, his hands clutching tightly the bars, green eyes dipped in sorrow and anger. I told him there is no reason for him to feel this way and he never replied, he just walked away with his hands covering his face, desprate, disappointed, depressed.

From what I've heard, the police did manage to find some of Harry's bodyguards but Elijah's name wasn't mentioned, meaning he was still on the run. Knowing that he is  intelligent and strong, I felt completely calm and relieved. I know he is going to make it out there, he doesn't need anybody. Now that Harry is dead, his oath doesn't mean anything, he can finally start over.  He deserves it more than anyone else.

Next morning I was taken out of the cell and put straight into the recovery room, an injection got to my system, making me feel completely numb and calm, as if I travelled to another dimension, further away from this planet. Everything got blurry as I was escorted to the final room, where I was placed on the electric chair and hand cuffed, ankles cuffed as well. Two soldiers stood by my sides, holding their guns, ready for another engage that could emerge out of nowhere. I felt lost for a few moments, not fully realizing where I am until my vision got clear again and I saw the court standing across from me, Logan in the further end, teary eyed. Cane was standing in the further back of the room, hand covering his mouth, looking heartbroken.

Heartbroken.

There is no real cure for the heartbreak.

My head hurt, dizziness taking over me as someone started to speak through a microphone. I blinked, trying to clear my vision. I sucked in a breath when I saw Harry standing in the corner of the room, wearing the same amazing black suit he wore when I killed him. He stood emotionless, eyes drowing me in. His figure blurred and cleared a few times, my heart pounding loud again after everything I went through. 

"I'm here with you." he mouthed to me before a soldier came to stand in front of me, grabbing my head and pushing it backwards so he would put on the electric cap. When the soldier walked away, Harry was nowhere.

I looked up at the ceiling when the lights went off, leaving one red on, shining down at me. A figure came to stand beside me and I looked at it with wide eyes. Harry was here, his face soft, his smirk beautiful.

"You're free now." he told me before he faded away, bringing a tear to my eye.

As the tear rolled down to my cheek, everything hit me at once. Every feeling I had froze, warmed up and boiled my entire body. I felt tension through every limb and muscle of my body. Freedom. That's what I always wanted. That's what I run for. I looked at Logan, who was wiping his tears. I smiled at him and then at Cane, who both looked perplexed and bewildered by my reaction.

"Thank you." I whispered, referring to everything they have done to help me.

Logan walked out of the room right then, pushing people out of his way. The governor looked offended by that.

None of this matters.

Freedom is not a place on Earth that I so desperatedly craved to find. Freedom is a feeling. Freedom is a state of mind.

So as I close my eyes, I can finally rest from every danger, pain and heartbreak that had wounded my soul. Despite every terrible moment in my life, I can lie peacefully, knowing that I did feel love through Elijah and that is something I would never exchange with anything. Elijah and I making love was the last image flashing through my mind. I closed my eyes and finally felt a powerful wave of electricily roam through my body, putting an end to my misery, forever.

____________________________________