Cane looked at me with a cold, unexplainable look that had me feeling small in the room. He took a seat across from me and adjusted his round glasses that framed perfectly his face.

"They didn't fire you, I see." I started lowly, making him nod once.

"Had Logan talking to the gorvenor for a week so I wouldn't lose my job." he answered coolly, green eyes searching through my face. "I know that face, it's exactly the same when they first brought you in 4 years ago. Remember? 4 years ago. Has anything changed? Nope, everything we did all this time went straight to the bin, we did absolutely nothing." he said with irritation flooding down his tongue.

"You can't heal someone that's not ill, Cane." I stated coolly.

"No, you're not ill, definitely not just ill." He said timidly, shaking his head. "I'm about to rip my fucking diploma because of you - you are fucking unexplainable case, Rosalia! You were doing so good, I was about to take you off the death row!" he hissed, glaring at me furiously.

"Why are you so pissed?" I asked, shrugging my shoulders slightly, my hands cuffed in front of me. "It's not your life to be so-,"

"I fucking love you, Rosalia." he snapped, catching me off guard. My eyes widened slightly at his confession, my body squirming.

"Love isn't real." I argued lowly.

"To people like you, it's not, obviously. I risked my carreer for you, I told you - I fucking told you, not to trust Harry and you went straight to his arms and fell victim again after having 4 years of medical treatment on how not to trust anyone and depend on yourself!" he shouted, being slightly worse at it than Logan.

I looked at him blankly, unfazed by his outburst. "You shouldn't had helped me."

"I know, I know." he ran a hand through his hair, the way Harry used to do. My heart hurt at the memory of me running my hand through his curly locks. "Such a disappointment, really, I didn't expect that from you." He gave me a sad look, "I love you because I know you are a heartbroken woman and that wound inside of you will never heal. I wanted to provide you the love you needed, not in an erotic way." he explained, moving his hands. "That would've been Logan's wish, he is madly in love with you but he will never tell you, not after everything he has been through the past months since you escaped." 

I felt my body go numb again. All these men claim to love me but do they really? Can I actually trust and believe anyone again?  Elijah.

"I felt love, once." I mumbled softly, staring down at the table.

"What?"

"One man made me feel loved. Not Kayn, not Harry..."

"Who?"

"Doesn't matter."

It does but it's better if I don't mention Elijah.

He sighed and gave me a worried look, "Rosalia, you know there is nothing I can do now to save you, right? They're not even taking you to court."

I nodded, staying quiet.

"Why did you kill Harry if you were in love with him?" he asked me numbly, looking eager to find out the truth.

"He didn't deserve to live."

"Who are you to judge that?"

"Oh and you are?" I looked up at him sarcastically. "Have you ever killed someone, Cane?"

He shook his head, a frown slowly shadowing his face.

"Harry killed his own bodyguards in front of me, his own men. He killed innocent children without a care in the world. He killed Stephen-,"