nineteen: skating

Start from the beginning

"We're gonna go round the rink. Good luck teaching her, Jungkook!" Byung exclaimed and with that, Ha-Yoon and her husband were gone.

I lifted my head from Jungkook's chest and looked at him with a sheepish smile. He stared at me with a calm kind of angry face, probably trying his best not to shove me off of him and stomp on my fingers with his skates. He let out a heavy breath.

"Get off,"

"Hmm?"

His face twisted in agitation. "Get off of me."

"Oh! Right, sorry." I chuckled awkwardly, beginning to lift myself up.

I got up similar to how a baby would, butt first and then everything else. Well, almost. As I lifted my first arm from the slippery and cold surface, I slipped again and fell right back down on him. Again.

"Crap.."

How embarrassing...

I wanted to find a hole and just hide in it forever. Jungkook groaned again from the sudden weight on him. He pursed his lips together with irritation and moved me off of him and then proceeded to get up himself.  Now standing, he dusted some of the snow off of him and stared down at me in disappointment.

"How the hell are you this bad?" He scoffed.

I frowned. "I told you I don't know how to skate!"

Is he not gonna help me up?

He shook his head at me with that same look of pure disappointment written all over his stupidly smug face. "Well? Get up?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Do you not see that I can't?" I argued.

He rolled his eyes with crossed arms. "The hell do you want me to do about that?"

"Gee, I don't know— how about help m-"

Without even letting me finish my sentence, Jungkook suddenly bent down and grabbed my arms to help me up. He even pat my head sweetly with one hand while the other hand firmly gripped my arm to prevent me from falling again, suddenly laughing softly as if I said something funny.

What's his deal..

"How are you two still in the same spot?" Byung laughed from behind me.

Realization struck me and I let out a huff. I would've shoved Jungkook away from me if he wasn't the only thing stopping me from falling again.

Oh, that's why that little demon put on an act.

I flashed a bitter smile at Jungkook who didn't react, before carefully turning around to face Byung and Ha-Yoon.

"Sorry, it's my first time," I chuckled, embarrassed.

"It's fine. Take your time." Ha-Yoon smiled, saying to me but only looking at Jungkook.

At least try to hide it...

Oops. Did I just roll my eyes at her..?

Both Byung and Ha-Yoon stared at me with confusion so to save myself, I started rolling my eyes again like a crazy woman.

"There's something in my eyes eheh.." I lied pretending to take something off of the corner of my eye.

They seemed to have bought my terrible lie thankfully. I let out a breath of relief as they left us again, arms linked.

As soon as they turned their backs— and I really mean as soon as— Jungkook let go of my arm with an irritated scoff, making me flail around again on the verge of falling for the third time. This time, I grabbed his jacket tightly and stabilized myself, out of breath.