Chapter 4 : Lan Wangji

Start from the beginning

Lan Wangji was a step late.

He stared as the man closed his eyes and fell backwards. As if every second passed extremely slowly, Lan wangji could feel his own turbulent heartbeat. He never had his emotions surged up like this in his whole life. Before, it was a small knife that kept slashing at his heart slowly, and now he felt as if he finally got a final blow at his heart , feeling as if it would explode at any time.

Without thinking much he reached for the other person's hand. His heart still couldn't calm down even when he managed to grab wei ying's hand.

He could clearly see the blood stained lips curled up , a calm voice filled with sadness sounded , "Lan Zhan , let go."

Wei ying died.

The vigorous youth went down in history as he wanted but- people still hated him,  kids fears him hearing the story about yiling patriarch.

The once known reputable and honest HanGuang-Jun was punished , staying locked for 13 years. But the feeling of losing someone important imprinted a great impact in his heart. He played Guqin everyday,  played inquiry until his fingers went numb.

-Why did you get close to me when from the beginning you intended to leave?Say, then why did you let me dream?
I know , someday in the fresh dawn we'll meet again in a dreamland. I had many words to say to you and I hope to convey them someday. I spoke stories about you alone to myself. Your words come back to the lost paths of all those poems I compose. I'll go with you to visit the fairy tale...so, will you come back?-

Until one day, a miracle happened.

He closed his eyes and played Guqin all night. At some point, he felt as if his body was floating. Feeling weightlessness,  he opened his eyes only to find something incredible which had been beyond his understanding. He never found himself in this situation before.

His body was floating on the air, still in the position of playing Guqin. Looking up,  there was another transparent person sitting like him. But the other young man's head was facing the ground.

What more astonishing was that , the young man looked exactly like Lan wangji himself, but in short hair.

Before Lan Wangji could stop playing Guqin , he felt his soul force being sucked into something. He saw himself getting closer to the young man until finally the young man sucked all of his soul force.

It was right then, that he opened his eyes and found himself at an unknown place.

He could hardly believe something like this really happened. He stayed calm instead of freaking out. Gradually, he learned about this strange unfamiliar world.

This body belonged to a man called Wang Yibo. He seemed to be an introvert because he didn't have much friends. He lived with his old grandfather who treated him very well. This young man had a good life.

Yibo also had a crush. How did Lan wangji know?

Beside his and his grandfather's picture, there were plenty pictures of another person. Yibo also fantasied about  that person. And that person......resembled Wei Ying 99%.

Beside admiring that person, Yibo also liked to write. He wrote a complete novel -untamed-. When Wangji saw the drafts and all the sketches, his mind directly went blank. Though he didn't freak out but he had a hard time distinguishing what is true and what is false. He was stunned as he rummaged through all of these.

Yibo drew that person as wei ying and himself as Lan wangji. That day , wangji holed himself up in the room whole day just to read everything and every bits of information. Though at first his brow wrinkled and had a gloomy aura surrounding him , in the end he managed to comfort himself.

Because, he saw that Wei Ying did return in the later part of the novel and solved everything , then lived well. Those who did evil perished and peace came to cultivation world once again.

And he also knew, even if that person whom Yibo admired isn't Wei Ying, he'll still stay and meet him, protect him in this life which he couldn't do in his past life. He resembled wei ying so much that Wangji couldn't stop his greedy heart from skipping a beat.

What he didn't expect was that, Yibo had already followed that person for a long time. And finally got a Job as a teacher at the same school.

Wangji came to know that, the other person's name is Xiao Zhan. The way he smiles and the youthful aura is the same as Wangji could remember. But the manners and style of talking,  it's completely different from the wei ying he used to know.

Maybe Yibo, who wrote the novel, wanted Xiao zhan to be a bit more mischievous and Frank, carefree.

Yibo(-wangji) came back to his senses and steadily walled back to his grandpa's home. And the dark night swallowed his repeatedly retreating back.

*Re-written and Republished*